Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok it is kinda nice outside finally and i was messing around with my rappy...and i took the lid off...and ill be, it was louder..and alittle more power...my head didnt turn brite red...but i did smell alittle more gas tham usual...does that mean it runnin rich?

i went buy the dealer and saw a LE YZF450 it had black shocks on there i ask how much ....they told me $800...i just laughed and left

·
Registered
572 Posts
i donr know but today i removed my lid and pulled the baffle out t osee if there were any gains. well, i didnt feel any real power improvement and it was really loud as hell. plu i read here that itll run very lean with no lid on the airbox and the baffle pulled. maybe someone will confirm what i may think is true? mybe we can run just the baffle out safely for a lil boost in power? im putting the lid back on now to be safe along with the baffle. its just to loud to ride on my street that way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
ANYTHING that lets the engine pump more air will need jetting (FI) adjustments or it will run leaner.

Since the Raptor is already just a scosche to marginally lean from the factory to minimize emissions, you are escalating from "marginally" lean to "moderately" lean to maybe even "dangerously" lean depending on what you do.

That's the facts. Do what you want with them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is all the signs of running lean?????

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Check your plug, its real easy to get to and it should be a light brown color- lighter than a brown paper bag or cardboard box.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how long does the engine have to run for it to change if it is goin to ...? can i go start it up and let it idle for a minute and tel?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what if its black?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
r u tlkin about the tip being tan or the rest. because the tip is tan and it is black three or four threds down

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
"threads"??????? I thought you read a spark plug by the resister in the middle. the threads have nothing to do with it. every spark plug I have ever seen the threads are black.
Look at the middle "do/dad" ....its white when brand new. That is suppose to be tanish-brown. If that is black then you are running RICH. If its white you are LEAN. If its tan you are TUNED! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts