Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am hoping someone on here will be able to help me out iv a late 2006 700 and was riding along about a two weeks ago and the headlights cut out, when i turned it to high beam they worked , so carried on and forgot about it.. yesterday was driving in the dark and suddenly lost all lights!! iv since stripped it down, and cant find a problem with wiring,, the relay makes a click when i press the contacts together on the switch ,, the high beam dash light comes on but thats it normal beam dash light will not come on .. please help me!!
I was also wondering about my tuning.. iv done a big two... k and n and a fuel controller. i aquired them for nothing ,, but have noticed it is alot louder,, did take spark arrestor out of the exauhst but was far too loud.. am i best off just putting the normal air box removing the chip or will it work without thbe duals????? thanks..it is a dmc controller...

·
Registered
64 Posts
None of those mods should effect your headlights at all. If they worked on high and not low and then went all together just check ur bulbs. They are proboly blown

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
I've found that the bulbs suffer from vibration which wears the 2 little 'lumps' away on the back, hence breaking the connection. Either change the bulbs, or add solder to the lumps (done carefully using good solder, flux and iron, you can make them look new)

hope you can fix it.

Ez

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks have ordered some bulbs ... but im going to try soldering aswell. and hopefully i can be back out on it!!! summers coming!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would have done that too but the dealer I got the rappy from just gave me a couple of brand new ones for free lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts