Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have this piece of metal that looks like maybe is a degree key??? it is about 1/4" thick. its shaped like 1/3 of a circle (take a circle cut it into three pieces and it looks like one of the sides, not the middle) and is probably 3/4" long.

looking through all the oem parts fiche i can find i can see where this part goes. i only noticed it was an extra part as i saw vito's performance dergee key and it looked similar to the pic minus the groove down the middle....

First off am i correct in thinking this is a degree key? :help:

Second: where the hell does it go? :3question:

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Re: Extra Parts After One Way Installation??

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=13659.0
See the picture of the crankshaft at the bottom of the page (2nd or 3rd post from bottom). On the right side of the page, on the side of the crank where the flywheel is supose to be. See the half circle depression (it looks rectangular in the pic) about where the fly wheel is at? thats where that little key goes. Sorry, your going to have to put that in or you'll have some major problems. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

ok thats not a problem.... what is it for??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

it locks the flywheel in place with the crank shaft, so they both move at the same speed. I think that with out it you cannot start your quad, if you can, eventually it will not.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

The flywheel will most likely spin on the crank and destroy one or both.
It also sets the spark timing.
Put it in.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

believe me im going to.... i just wonder how its lasted this long without it? glad i didnt throw it away.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

will do. luckily i was going through jetting my bike so i was only running it for about 5 minutes at a time.... hopefully i dont have any damage..... ill take pics for clarification.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

must of got lucky if it started

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so i went ahead and pulled everything off and put the woodruff key back on the shaft and put the flywheel back on. the only little bit of imperfection i saw whas the groove where the key went had a few burs... no biggie i was able to take a flat head and straighten er out. i never aligned anything when i reinstalled the flywheel must have gotten lucky. and i even rechecked the valves and was right on. since i adjusted the valves after i did the one way. ill elt ya'll know how she runs after i get my exhaust back from yoshimura next week. thanks for all your help guys and ya'll are the shit...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts