Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my motor back together and installed from swapping out the crap '01 tranny for the '02 and I've got zero oil circulation.

I poured a little over a quart into the tank, started it and checked for circulation at the check bolt on the side of the head and there's nothing. I also checked the level in the tank and it has not gone down at all from when I filled it.

I pulled the check bolt all the way out and could feel strong pulses of air coming from the hole, would this mean the pump is functioning properly? If that's the case, I'm assuming the screen in the bottom of the tank is plugged as I cleaned the case strainer when the cases were apart.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Just got my motor back together and installed from swapping out the crap '01 tranny for the '02 and I've got zero oil circulation.

I poured a little over a quart into the tank, started it and checked for circulation at the check bolt on the side of the head and there's nothing. I also checked the level in the tank and it has not gone down at all from when I filled it.

I pulled the check bolt all the way out and could feel strong pulses of air coming from the hole, would this mean the pump is functioning properly? If that's the case, I'm assuming the screen in the bottom of the tank is plugged as I cleaned the case strainer when the cases were apart.

Did you clean the reservoir filter in the tank, it is located on the suction line.............

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didn't, it was oiling fine before it came apart so I didn't really think about it. That'll be first on the to-do list for tomorrow.

·
Registered
521 Posts
did you happen to use liquid sealant and clog up the oil galley? thats what happened to mine (thank you previous owner) i got one night of riding out of it till it needed rebuilt (off round cylinder, crank play, and a shot head)

·
Registered
7 Posts

your oil pump is shot i hade the same probleme after a complete build so i bought a 700r

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
The 700 uses the same oil pump, so hopefully you've taken what you learned on the 660 and applied it to the 700.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts