Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just went out for a ride me and my son this last week end and road around 3 hours later just for kicks i checked the oil and none showed on the dip stick so we loaded them up drove back home and i drained the oil and 2 qt came out thats what they hold changed the filter added 2 fresh qts of full senthetic yama lube went back out the next day road for about 1 hour and checked the oil and the dip showed nothing whats going on im confuesed

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
just went out for a ride me and my son this last week end and road around 3 hours later just for kicks i checked the oil and none showed on the dip stick so we loaded them up drove back home and i drained the oil and 2 qt came out thats what they hold changed the filter added 2 fresh qts of full senthetic yama lube went back out the next day road for about 1 hour and checked the oil and the dip showed nothing whats going on im confuesed
I bet your not letting it warm up before checking?! On my 700 the oil level is on E....Till you warm it up for a few minutes.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i think i read the 660 holds 2.43 quarts with a new oil filter

·
Registered
435 Posts
you dont want to check it to cold or to hot...from a cold start up let it idle for around 2mins or so than check it....i believe thats what it says in the owners manual.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Check it hot, not warm or cold. Look and see if you can see oil in the tank. Also crack the screw loose on the cam plug to verify that the cam shaft is getting oil.

·
Registered
521 Posts
your first post says you add 2 qt... which isnt enough to show on the dipstick.
when i change my oil i dump in about a quart and a half... start it up, rev it a few times. take it up to 2 qt and start adding some of the third quart... start it, rev it a few times, turn it off and recheck. then repeat the last 2 steps till youre on full. around 2.5qts total. if you just fill it once and thats it, the engine sucks all the oil from the resevoir and leaves it empty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts