Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the deal. I just bought an 04 Raptor 660. The clutch was slipping so I put a new one in and put everythign back together. I Put about a QT in then about 1/4 of the second QT and it started over flowing out of the oil resv. I know its supposed to be 2.06 QTs. But it seems like it wasnt pumping so i cleaned all the ext hoses with a Air compressor but it didnt seem to want to work on the oil inlet. So I stuck in a plastic piece of rope and fished it around a little bit. Felt like it knocked some gump away but not totally sure. have to go buy some more oil to test it. But I was wondering if there is anyway of checking to make sure you oil pump is working with out having to rip the whole bike back apart again. ANY suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Kevin B???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
OK heres the deal. I just bought an 04 Raptor 660. The clutch was slipping so I put a new one in and put everythign back together. I Put about a QT in then about 1/4 of the second QT and it started over flowing out of the oil resv. I know its supposed to be 2.06 QTs. But it seems like it wasnt pumping so i cleaned all the ext hoses with a Air compressor but it didnt seem to want to work on the oil inlet. So I stuck in a plastic piece of rope and fished it around a little bit. Felt like it knocked some gump away but not totally sure. have to go buy some more oil to test it. But I was wondering if there is anyway of checking to make sure you oil pump is working with out having to rip the whole bike back apart again. ANY suggestions or help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Kevin B???
How bad was the clutch, was there a lot of broken pieces or was it just burnt bad, a lot of the debris from the clutch gets sucked into the engines main sump screen, this oil that gets pumped from the bottom of the engine, lubricates the trans and the excess goes to the reservoir, all oil from the reservoir goes back the the engine second oil pump and lubricates the head and crank assembly, check the reservoirs filter, this is located ion the bottom of the reservoir attached to the lowest hose, if this is plugged, no or little oil will get to the engines head and crank assembly...........................

1 - 2 of 2 Posts