Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trans rebuild I cant get oil to the top end. None in the filter either. I thought I checked everything when i put the cases back together. Oil pump was new in august and seemed fine. Changed the spring and ball and seat in the clutch cover too. What did I miss. Gears were aligned on the clutch and oil pump gear also. This seems common on rebuilds but this is the 2nd time I have rebuilt it and I am missing something. I only let it run about 10-15 seconds. That should have been enough.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was a priming issue. I even have all my gears again.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Everyone is finishing up there builds and mine is still in pieces:( I was wondering if you ever hit up bundy hill? I was thinking about riding there first this year and now I know you not that far from there either. I'm not gonna make silver lake in a few weeks like everyone else but Bundy Hill is Close and alot cheaper of a drive.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wont go back to Bundy hill. There was just one hill that was even a little challenging but the ease of rolling or wrecking is far greater there than anyplace I have rode. Its worth going once but it was not for me. One hill I climbed was steep and went to a blind backside then there was a 2 foot step. No place to go but down. Had to set the brake, climb off and drag it back down around a curve. The hills in back have a 5 foot deep trench after you get up it. Just look it over good before you attempt these obstacles.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I wont go back to Bundy hill. There was just one hill that was even a little challenging but the ease of rolling or wrecking is far greater there than anyplace I have rode. Its worth going once but it was not for me. One hill I climbed was steep and went to a blind backside then there was a 2 foot step. No place to go but down. Had to set the brake, climb off and drag it back down around a curve. The hills in back have a 5 foot deep trench after you get up it. Just look it over good before you attempt these obstacles.
Did you bring your RZR out there or just the raptor? I have been wanting to go, but not with the Raptor...seems like it would be a good place to tear up with the RZR's.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There may be more for the RZR there as in truck trails. We all took quads. Its just one pit after another with new paths being made. No real rules after you get in that are enforced. Mud holes pea gravel hills ponds short hills and such. I could make it up the biggest hill in 4th there but there were alot that couldnt. They said 450 on the side of them too. Hahaha. I think it may have been more of a traction issue and rider there though.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well I may try it, I love pits but I usually almost kill myself last pit I played in. Might have to ride the Banshee there though It does LOTS better then the raptor on hills and I don't care as much if it rolls over lol. I got a buddy that want to take his truck there to beat on to so I want to see that. He want me to take mine in there and pull him out when he gets stuck:confused: LOL I have a Pavement Pounder I told him. I hate getting the truck real muddy, then I always have to work on it and dry mud will be falling in the eyes lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts