Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys rode yesterday just fine washed it up. Brought it out today and it wouldn't start checked fuses had spark. Pulled the plug it was wet and it back fired every now and then when trying to start. Finally got it started for like 5 seconds revved it up and it died. Pulled the plug to check it again and no spark with the plug or screwdriver. I had it hooked up to a jumper checked 6 fuses and all ok. No clue where to go from here.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
sounds like it could be related to washing it, so maybe there is some water or corrosion in a connection somehwere. I'd start by working my way back from the plug checking the connections especially the little ones on the coil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no spark

gidday mate,
I read your post on no spark in your raptor well mate I have exactly the same problem as yours. I have posted a thread with "erratic spark" as the heading can you plz read it and see if yours is the same. If you have fixed yours since the problem could you give me a few pointers as to where to look thanks from a aussie rider down under

Ian

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i would make sure both wires on the coil are not corroded and then check your plug wire to make sure it isnt loose. Then try a new plug and see if it changes even press a little harder to make sure the plug cap is connected. Then i would check your wiring from the coil and your kill switch.

·
Registered
594 Posts
These's a ton of threads about this, use the "search"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.