Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sequence of events:
1.Carb started overflowing and while waiting on needle valve seats to get here, took it to a mud bog, I could keep it running.

2.Cleaned it up after the mud bog, waiting for the parts, never fired it up after washing.

3.Parts arrived, completely broke carbs downed and cleaned, set them back up per clear tube method.

4.Fired it up but could not give it any gas, it would quit, then would not run at all.

Checked for spark by pulling plug and grounding to frame, had a spark, blueish white. Didnt seem to be very strong, could not hear the popping of the spark.

With me getting a spark, could it just not be strong enough to keep ignition going?

Carb specs:
25 pilot jets
160/165 mains
3 turns out on both carbs

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Not likely - sounds much more like carburetion... the fact that you just took them apart and cleaned them, AND changed the float level, is the primary suspect IMO.

Make sure they're solidly mounted on the intake boots and are tight... then it's time to pull them again and figure out what you did wrong.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check! Hope I have just missed something then.

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
BTW, also unplug the parking brake switch and make sure there's no water/dirt in the harness side of the connector - then just leave it unplugged - the PB RPM limiter could explain some of your symptoms.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Also make sure you didnt plug up the vent on the gas cap. Remember puting the straw in the glass of water, putting your thumb over the straw and taking the straw out of the water. What happens when you take your thumb off of the straw? Follow?

·
Master of the Electron
15,526 Posts
Thump - when I did that I always made a mess -is this what you're getting at? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts