Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just adjusted my valves. i used the raptor tranny web site instructions to adjust my valves and now my valves seem to be making more noise than they ever had befor. i adjusted the intake to .014 and the exhaust to .018. i was thinking the noise is probly normal but i would just like to hear some one elses input on the situation

·
Registered
364 Posts
if you truly adjusted to these specs and you adjusted to the correct piston stroke....then your're fine....a little bit of valve noise is fine....less power but more reliable...

Max

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys i had the decimal point in the wrong place. i am pretty sure i am right on the money. the noise is not that loud i am the only one that even noticed it my buddies never noticed it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
what i have found is that if you do a lot of WOT riding the intake valves tend to tighten over a period of time. i have had 2 tighten and one not move at all. generally when i notice that the performace is feeling sluggish i just pull it apart the next day and check the gaps. so i guess what i am saying is check them about once a month. to see how the way you ride affects them. you may be able to go months before you have to touch them again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just adjusted my valves back to .124on the intake side and .152 in the exhaust side. all the noise has went away and i can feel a little power increase as well thanks for the info .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.