Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2008 Raptor 250, Today. And I have a noise coming from the back end of the quad.

It sounds like a rattling/ scraping noise I can not pin point where the sound is exactly coming from but it sounds like somewhere near the rear, on the left side of the quad while sitting on it. It happens when I accelerate then I start slowing down to turn, it seems like it could be the front sprocket, it sounds like its around that general area. It has raised concern to me, I will be going to Hatfield Mccoy in West Virginia less than 2 weeks and I need to find the problem if there is one. Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
836 Posts
could it be the chain? the chains on these quads make quite a bit of noise, especially when they are a little loose.. try lubing it up real good and maybe tightening it a little.. it should quiet down some..

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
lift up the back wheels and wiggle the axle to see how the bearings are doing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i have pinpointed the rattling noise. I think it may be the plastic chain guide or whatever it is behind the sprocket. I think it may be loose or something?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Both of mine do the exact same thing and I've heard others on here with the same complaint and turns out most of the time its just the roller guide but nothings wrong with it. guess theses machines just make a bit of noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts