Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 700 and when I let off the gas it kind of wines / clanky from the front sprocket... I recently purchased this bike, could it be as simple as tightening the chain? Or just lube it. Doesn't make noise when on the gas.

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
mine does this too when i let off the gas. i suspect my chain isnt running straight due to the sprocket hub not pulling all the way into the carrier. i would check that out. but it could be something as simple as it needing lube. are the sprockets worn? could be time for new sprockets and a chain..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have an 08 700 and when I let off the gas it kind of wines / clanky from the front sprocket... I recently purchased this bike, could it be as simple as tightening the chain? Or just lube it. Doesn't make noise when on the gas.

Thanks, Josh
My 09 does the same thing, It started with a wine or squeak and turned out to be the chain guide wheel bearing near the front sproket so I replaced it and bought a new chain for good measure. But I didn't adjust the chain when I installed it, I checked the free play and found it to be at the maximun aloud tolerance, so long story short I blew the bearing again. $50.00 a pop up here Dammit

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My 09 does the same thing, It started with a wine or squeak and turned out to be the chain guide wheel bearing near the front sproket so I replaced it and bought a new chain for good measure. But I didn't adjust the chain when I installed it, I checked the free play and found it to be at the maximun aloud tolerance, so long story short I blew the bearing again. $50.00 a pop up here Dammit
That's the noise tm builds a chain roller that last awhile my sticker went quick while this one still going great after two builds and two years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts