Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neihbors have been complaing about the noise coming out of my rappy without the quietcore in my yoshi i ride on a track that streches over 20 acres and both there houses are 120 yards from my track do you think i should put the quietcore back in to shut them up ::) i think there being ridiculous :mad:. They cant call the cops however because we dont have a law around here for noise from dirtbikes and such. If i do put the core back in would i lose any horse power?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally someone on my side :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
are these neighbors old by any chance? just big prudes? or not have kids of their own so they don't understand that sometimes noises get above their "indoor" voice??? if your not breaking the law,and they live that far away, and your a dick like me, then you'll leave that quiet core out! how much louder are duels? infact, you should get a louder exhaust! don't get me wrong, i am a very curtious person, but when people ask for to much, like your neighbors are, then i say it's time to stick it to the man, they have to learn a lesson the loud way that they can't get everything they want, shit, you need a banshee to just drag back and fourth with! that'd showem! then they'd be happy when you go back to the rappy..
:grin_nod:
my uncle lives in a small town, like 20 people population, pretty much isn't even a town, no stores or anything and if your not on the main road then it's dirt roads, and i'm pretty much related to most of the town,and not to mention my family has lived there for generations so we know absolutly everyone, i mean not 1 person we don't know, and if we ride on some of the dirt roads past their houses they will call the cops and complain!??? and i'm like, this is our fam and friends? well fuck them!!! there isn't even a real town for 20 miles and we're on dirt roads with a house like every 1/4 mile, why would they care? infact i used to ride from their house with their kids on our 3 wheelers back in the day?! and now that i'm 24 they are callin the cops? even in my town i live in pop like 1200 i can ride right in town, but i dunno, people are weird!!! you can't please everyone,but your raptor can please you! !......... :grin_nod: shit i'm gonna put that in my sig!! :lol: any ways, sorry to hear your having problems with the neighbors, hope it turns out well, and don't get a banshee like i said, it's 3 am and i'm a stubborn asshole and sometimes being stubborn doesn't pay off, you should just sell it...................j/k......but for haloween dress regular and glue a stick like it's coming from your asshole and go trick or treat and when they ask what your costume is say,....................I"M YOU!! hahahaah

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used to have neighbors that would call the cops if we were outside playing basketball at 8:00 pm. Suburban assholes.

Yami700, You may not have noise laws now, but neighbors like you have are the kind of people that get them passed.
Put the Quiet Core in, see if that ends their bitching. If that doesn't do it, then go LOUD! Screw 'em if they can't take a joke.

·
Registered
733 Posts
If it does get ugly and you go loud, the cops have to catch you in the act. Fire it up and make as much noise as you can for 5 min. then shut it off and lock it in the garage. Wait 15 min. after they leave and do it again. Change your routine and when you do it and it will be difficult for them to catch you. They will get tired of it and tell the neighbor to quit calling unless it's an emergency. The key is to be very sporadic.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The cops don't have to catch you at anything for your neighbors to stand up and bitch at town meetings, go around getting petitions signed, and generally making enough of a pain in the ass of themselves to get an ordinance passed.

People that build their houses around racetracks and gun ranges do it all the time. It doesn't matter that the track or the range was there for 20 years before there were any houses, the town will look at who's paying the most tax money and who is screaming loudest about it, and side with them.

I even read in Motorcyclist about a town that enacted an 82db noise limit. Stock bikes, and cars, for that matter, are louder than that.
Laws don't have to be grounded in reality, I guess.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The worst thing is that one of the nehbors goes out on sundays shooting his shotgun then throhout the week he'll crank up his '70 chevelle with straight pipes revin' the shit out of it and then thinks that he has the right to bitch. :confused:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Then by all right you should bitch about him.. Or at least confront them. Say if you can be loud and I dont say shit then maybe you shouldnt say shit about me .... I have a neighbor that we have an agreement.. you be loud I dont complain. I be loud you dont complain....Then if that dont work invite them over for a BBQ...... That usually works.

·
Registered
657 Posts
There would need to be an agreement. My neighbors have never said anything to me. They are close too. If I ever did have a problem, somebodys house would be a pile of ashes. Besides, the mayor is my next door neighbor, half of councel lives withen shouting distance. I have the Raptor and a Mustang. Both go up and down the road with either front wheels up or tires blazen. I also do stupid stuff for them. Simple things like look at sometheng that might need fixed. You know, the usual neighbor stuff.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I say be considerate and put in the quiet core, these bikes are loud with out quiet cores

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
t_r_h said:
The cops don't have to catch you at anything for your neighbors to stand up and bitch at town meetings, go around getting petitions signed, and generally making enough of a pain in the ass of themselves to get an ordinance passed.

People that build their houses around racetracks and gun ranges do it all the time. It doesn't matter that the track or the range was there for 20 years before there were any houses, the town will look at who's paying the most tax money and who is screaming loudest about it, and side with them.

I even read in Motorcyclist about a town that enacted an 82db noise limit. Stock bikes, and cars, for that matter, are louder than that.
Laws don't have to be grounded in reality, I guess.
That (quoted above) is no joke. Neighbors getting into pissing matches can lead to serious things - such as a house bill in Washington state (and likely others soon) that as originally written could have led to atvs being prohibited from use off road in many public and private areas. Something that broad wouldn't pass, of course, but did make it to second reading, providing the opportunity for it to be altered with amendments, tack ons, etc. It now looks as if there will be a 96dB limit within Washington State. You might think about that - even if your neighbor revs up his Chevelle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts