Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i'm riding i'm hearing a nasty sound coming from my front sprocket, my chain is adjusted to the right spot, stock case saver with a 12t front sprocket, it sounds like gargling rocks.

now my other problem is i can't get both of the marks on the swingarm to line up. the left side is alittle above the 2nd to last line and the right side is alittle below the 2nd to last line. When i wheelie the quad goes harddd to the right side, tire pressure is the same

·
Registered
154 Posts
Are you sure it is from your front sprocket? It sounds like maybe the bearings in your carrier

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lift the back of the quad up then grab your rear tires and try to move them forward and back there shouls be no slop in the carrier

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone else have any ideas? I am not that familiar with the motor internally yet. How about the output shaft that you drive sprocket is on?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You have two chain guide rollers, one above the chain, one below the chain, about 10" towards the rear from the front sprocket,..sounds like that may be your problem..these have bearings in them,..when they go out they make that sound.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice that sounds alot less easier and expensive lol, any way in telling if the bearins are bad just by looking at them??

also anyone have any ideas on why the swing arm won't line up and how to make it line up

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Just grab a roller and check it to see if its firm and rolls with out shaking and noise.

If your swing-arm is out of alignment, stop riding it...Good chance that your swing-arm bearing is going out..

Put your bike on blocks so the rear end is not supported, and see if the whole swingarm moves side to side with out the frame moving.

that could be the noise your hearing if it isn't the chain roller bearings.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Shouldn't be too difficult. May require loosening a lot of stuff to get it our right though. I'll get some diagrams if you don't have a factory repair manual.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rt said:
Shouldn't be too difficult. May require loosening a lot of stuff to get it our right though. I'll get some diagrams if you don't have a factory repair manual.
yes diagrams would be very helpful

hey, i'm currently in the process of either getting extended a arms and axle, and fixing the bearings in the stock swingger, or should i get an aftermarket plus 2 swingarm with carrier and do the other stuff later on??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Is the whole swing arm moves side to side the swing-arm bearing is bad, if the axle moves side to side and the swing arm doesn't-the carrier bearing is bad
Cararier bearing is where your axle goes into the swingarm
swing arm bearing is where your swing-arm attaches to the frame

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The bearings in swingarm are very easy to replace, all you have to do is put quad on supports, under engine to bring weight off swingarm and pull the swingarm bolt out, you might want to take the rear plastic off to make it easier and you also might need to remove brake lines, not sure but you shouldnt need to remove shock... Ive only done it on a Warrior. The Warrior was a 1987 and swingarm bearings never changed, blew up not 6-7 years ago and I was rebuilding it, all I needed was a screw driver and hammer. Axle bearings on the other hand are fairly hard to remove...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.