Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to the 660s here i just picked up a 700 that needs work.. Guy i got it from said it ran great until his brother did a wheelie and rolled ontop of himself.. Nothing is bent just rear plastics broke.. I got it ome put new plug in it fired up immediately.. It sounds mean it has a gytr exhaust and no lid.. Question I have is it is running real rich. Old Plug look flooded.. Still puffin some black smoke.. What i did notice is that it has no fuel controller on it.. i see that being an issue but dont know why the guy i got it from said nothing on that..work with me fellas.. im tryin

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You sure there's no controller on it? With a pipe like that and the lid off, it shouldn't run rich by any means, if anything it would be lean.

You sure it's not oil on the plug and making that smoke? Is the plug wet? I'm putting my money on rings or valve seals leaking oil in the combustion chamber.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
plug was wet when i changed it.. he said this is how his bro ran it and just happened after he pulled it backwards.. it starts up instantly just running rich...

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
When is the last time the air filter was cleaned? If it's not getting enough air, or if the filter is plugged up, it could be running rich. Especially if you are just running a slip-on and not the whole pipe. I'm not sure what you have...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah me either not sure if its full or not.. imma go clean airfilter and try now.. what about a switch when u roll it i heard about bank angle or something

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
It shouldn't run at all if that switch is still activated from the roll-over.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok i noticed theres a relay comes off battery says turismo 12vdc.. it had all kinds stuff in it and was all gummed up but even if i unplug that it does nothing.. u know what taht is?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Got a pic?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Your plug shouldn't be wet even if it's rich.. It'll just be covered in black dry smudge... If it's wet then it's oil and it means you have some oil leaking into the combustion chamber, which in turn explains the smoke.

Again, I would suspect rings or a blown valve seal (most likely intake) allowing oil into the combustion chamber. You simply can't run rich with the mods you listed unless you have a controller providing more fuel.

I would take the head off and see what's going on in there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im gonna sell if for the 1500 i bought it for before i take the head off.. i dont trust myself...never did tht on a 4 stroke

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
Could be a cheap fix and you could turn it for a profit :D With the wealth of knowledge and people on here, no job is ever to big!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
also i noticed theres a plug? on looks like where battery box was says up on it... i unplugged it bike started stalled wouldnt start plug back in bike starts and sputters .. do these things go bad maybe? it broke off battery box and was hanging in there

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
:lol: if I were you I would keep that sucker though. There are so many people on here that will get you going if you ask the right ?'s Good find though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
almost acts like parking brake is on but its been removed... i think someone shopped on this before i got it.. definetely should have a fuel controller.. someone ttok rear caliper off.. it starts and acts boggish and give me little puffs smoke if i rev it.. guy says it has 741 kit and stage 2 cam but i cant verify..starts instantly though

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
the heads off the exhaust will be alot bigger and better formed than the stock head pipe.

and to take the head off its actually very simple..ill admit its a little difficult the first time u do it but when u put it back on its faster.

if its chugging black smoke that should be fuel as oil burns white and oil burning will have a very distinct smell to it as will gas. there isnt a controller anywhere at all on the bike? nothing comming off the injector or the neg. post on the battery?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts