Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Republic, MO which is 5 min from Springfield, MO. I haven't been to chadwick but looked at some rules and regulations and saw this,

"ATV will need to be equipped with a working muffler and spark arrester"

What is a spark arrester? I included what i have for a muffler so you know what I am using.

Thanks
-Dave

Attachments

·
Brooklyn Raptor.
441 Posts
a spark arrester is what goes in the exhaust tip to prevent flame from leaving the engine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then that is a no i dont have one, the inside of my muffler has a mesh lining but i can see right down the pipe. Unless the mesh lining is what you are talking about.

·
Registered
68 Posts

May not be the same as yours, but this should give you an idea... The mesh part is inside the muffler when its installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ahh ok so then yea, as when i look down my pipe i see the lining that looks just like that, but there is nothing blocking the pipe, as in a bird could fly in and go all the way through my pipes hehe. So thats normal? Cool, just making sure :D

Edited ok maybe not, i found a pic on the web of what mine looks like inside, and i now see that a spark arester is like a mesh funnel inside.

so now to find a spark arester for a White Brothers E Series Full Exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey man im from Marionville and have been to chadwick hundreds of times and never had a ranger say anything about a sparky if you wanna go sometime i could show you around

1 - 9 of 9 Posts