Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I was just wondering after I ride my raptor 700 should I turn the fuel off and let it run till it is out of fuel before putting it away.
I have done this in the past to prevent jets from becoming blocked.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Hi guys.

I was just wondering after I ride my raptor 700 should I turn the fuel off and let it run till it is out of fuel before putting it away.
I have done this in the past to prevent jets from becoming blocked.

Don`t let these guys bother you....lol....:D....They are just being playful !
Any honest question is a good one and everyone has to start learning to be able to have knowledge.....Do not be shy about asking your questions here.... there are a lot of folks ready to help you.

No carb on the 700, so you don`t have jets or a fuel bowl to be concerned about when they sit for a time. As you`ve been informed, there is also no gas "shutoff" valve, so it would be impossible to shut it off and run it out of gas. So, that`s one thing that you don`t need to worry about...Keep fresh fuel in your bike and you will be fine.

~ Sandaddy :cool:

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
you say "before putting it away"....how long are you putting it away for? it's perfectly fine to sit for a while even if you don't ride it everyday.

for long-term storage, use the fuel stabilizer

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep I didn't know.:eek:wned:

I don't get my bike until Thursday and I was just curious.

I know it is fuel injected but I have never owned a fuel injected bike before and I was wondering what the go was.

Thanks for the help and the funny comments they made me laugh:rofl:
If you guys had a stupid question thread I would put this in there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I definitely spent a few minutes looking for a shutoff on mine. Luckily no one saw me do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts