Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Um, ya 38, im sorry too. This got way off track. Dez, i decided not to have my head ported locally (or at all, for now) so that head is still laying around here somewhere.

38- about those ceramic coated headers, the ones ive seen are a solid color like black or silver and they are easy to clean. I want to get mine done in black, there is a local powdercoat shop that does it. Ive also heard of people using cerakote on them. Like the same stuff that is popular to use on firearms now. There are alot more color options for that stuff too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, I’m headed up to my union hall this morn to see if can catch one of our welders. Just looking closer at the weld around that 02 bung and it’s got evident porosity. I see 3 pinholes, so I can imagine what else is underneath. I can’t TIG worth a shit but I know a few of our welders are bound to show up today so I’m goin to hang out for a bit and see if I can catch em in the shop for some help.
Webb finally gave an update on that cam too, Monday it’s shipping out, so hopefully buy next weekend I’ll have it. That will mean I’ll have everything except gaskets for this build. Almost time to get rollin!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hah, I just saw all these posts. Oh shoot it’s all good guys, it’s like a party in here!
Dez what’s up with that mini CD you gave me with the autotune? I’ve never seen one of those.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,590 Posts
Hah, I just saw all these posts. Oh shoot it’s all good guys, it’s like a party in here!
Dez what’s up with that mini CD you gave me with the autotune? I’ve never seen one of those.
Party, did I hear party? It's to bad we all weren't closer together, we could have a good party with lots of bench racing and drinking. Except for some of that "rot gut" you guys drink.

You must be a lot younger then past technology, lol. The mini CD (may) has all the use instructions on it. I don't know since I never played it, that's one of those items I bought, set on the shelf and never used, haha.
My wife asked if you ever saw a dial telephone or a pager? Past technology. Also, cars without seat belts.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Party, did I hear party? It's to bad we all weren't closer together, we could have a good party with lots of bench racing and drinking. Except for some of that "rot gut" you guys drink.

You must be a lot younger then past technology, lol. The mini CD (may) has all the use instructions on it. I don't know since I never played it, that's one of those items I bought, set on the shelf and never used, haha.
My wife asked if you ever saw a dial telephone or a pager? Past technology. Also, cars without seat belts.
Bwahaha. Yes, my mother had a pager when I was a kid...and I actually own a rotary phone! Although I did outfit it with a Bluetooth forwarding device so it will connect to my cell phone. Works good!
My grandfather used to drive my sister and I around in a ‘30 model A. We would sit in the rumble seat and it was great. No belts back there, we could have bounced out at any point, and yet somehow we are here today. Guess we don’t really need all those stupid overbearing laws after all.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
But for reference I am only 27. I think I got a cell phone when I was 15 or 16. I am pretty sure I’m the last gen to remember what life was like before we were all so connected. I am fascinated by history though. Now I have cousins that are 4 years old that understand an iPad better than I do, and they can hardly even convey an idea in words. Crazy.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
WELLLL I figured out why I had carbon build up on my piston and head.

SURPRISE!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Looks like I’m going to get a new sleeve in her if the price is right, or get a new jug altogether. Not sure which is the best route yet.

I would have just gone big bore but I already got the piston....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just got off the phone with Bo and he recommended me to a business called Advanced Sleeve for a steel sleeve to replace the nikasil on this one. Going to check it out and see what pricing I can get. Damn man it keeps adding up!!

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
At least you contacted your builder first.

·
10,590 Posts
I'm not a fan of a steel sleeve as a replacement of a Nikasil coating for a number of reasons.

Nikasil is a thin coating that can be striped and recoated, the preferred method. It's a strong coating and can be rebuilt a number of times with a factory bore piston. Millennium Enterprise does this.

Boring out for a sleeve means they take about 1/8in or more on each side for a steel sleeve. I've had them break thru the water jacket and leak, or it reduces the size of the water jacket. The steel wears and over time will need a oversize piston. Who makes those??

PM me if you're interested in a used cylinder. You could have it delivered in a few days.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I should have known you would have a cylinder Dez, you’ve got one of everything. PM sent!

·
10,590 Posts
I should have known you would have a cylinder Dez, you’ve got one of everything. PM sent!
PM sent. Text got a little jumbled and i hope i got the pictures in order.

·
10,590 Posts
What else do you need. I have a free Cometic head gasket i got from Morph. There's more room in the box if you need more of anything.

·
10,590 Posts
Correction sent, I had the wrong price.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I got your PM just fine thanks. I have an OEM head gasket but I need -

Gas tank bolt rear left

Gas tank bolt spacer for front left

Head studs

Cylinder to case gasket

Cam tensioner gasket

Exhaust port gaskets for head

Bolt for battery strap

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Mostly just some odds and ends but if you’ve got any of it let me know.

·
10,590 Posts
I got your PM just fine thanks. I have an OEM head gasket but I need -

Gas tank bolt rear left

Gas tank bolt spacer for front left

Head studs

Cylinder to case gasket

Cam tensioner gasket

Exhaust port gaskets for head

Bolt for battery strap
I've got lots of bolts, do you have any dimensions? I'll look.

Gas tank bolt spacer??

Battery strap, is that a shoulder bolt?

No studs, already sold.

No cylinder or tensioner gasket.

I might have exhaust rings. Otherwise, you can anneal and reuse the old ones.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I’ll take some measurements this afternoon for the bolts. Yeah I would have reused the exhaust gaskets but I couldn’t get them to stop leaking before, don’t have much hope for them after removal now. Actually bent the aluminum flange tightening one side down gotta straighten that out too.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts