Raptor Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
TMD skid mounted and pro design shifter in. TMD bolted right up with nerfs, no trimming. Nice skid.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
How much do you guys think an FCI intake would help with this new build?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Ok, valve issue sorted out. I had the intake set to .006 and exhaust set to .008 per Yamaha manual. Turns out Cuervo specs .005 intake and .006 exhaust. Not to mention one of my intake valves lashes was a good thousandth different than the other valve...

I set the tappets at the right spec and proceeded to strip out another nut tightening to 10 ft/lb. What gives? Luckily I had another nut. I just used a 10mm wrench and went hard as I could without stripping any more out.

And that solved the noise! She’s way more quiet now. Can actually hear the exhaust over the engine.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,800 Posts
I was pretty sure it was .005 and .006 but I couldn't find my notes to verify. You may notice a little more power since the valves are staying open longer. How is the power? Is the bottom end good and still have over-rev?

You might have to check the calibration of your torque wrench. Is it a inch pound or foot pound?

How's the auto tune going?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
yeah I’m actually willing to bet it’s the torque wrench, combined with the fact I can’t get more than 3/4 of the nut to thread on. Tappets aren’t long enough.

The autotune was a breeze. Watched a few videos before hand and it was easy to get dialed in. Had it making adjustments of 1 or zero within 3 hours of intermittent testing. Gonna have to get back out to Atlas Peak to zero in the map again after adjusting the valves again. Only problem I have is that I can’t get this 02 sensor out. Gonna just have to buy another one when the time comes. I tell ya though, I’ve got my eye on a set of monster big bores. Those things sound sweeeeeet.

So initially, I was a little disappointed in the smoothness of the power delivery. I was comparing it to my other bike which has a 13t front sprocket though with hc2. I much prefer that gearing. The top end is great though. It’s almost hard to tell how much power it makes up top because the torque is so strong from the start! And yeah, there is a noticeable amount of more power now that the valves are adjusted correctly and it is much smoother and more quiet than before. Exhaust even sounds more mean. Crazy what a few thousandths can do.

This build is lookin good. Gotta resist buying more parts till I know if I have a job still. Economy falling out and SF under quarantine, i wouldn’t be surprised if the Chinese pulled all the funding from all the construction we had going in the city. Just need to get back to work so I can feel less guilty for buying power sports parts.

·
10,800 Posts
Is your trip still on? Are you gonna use the 20 in tires or the 22 in tires on your bike or leave them on hers? If you run the 20's you'll want a 15 tooth sprocket

Big bores might give a little more power but more compression would help. I would think your next mod should be a +3 throttle body.

The virus is crazy! Our governor pretty much has us forced to stay home. Only essential travel for essential work. Schools are closed, restaurants, fast food and more. Grocery stores are open along with gas, mail, hardware, and I think Harbor Freight is open, lol.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Yeah the trip is tentative at this point. We are basically on lockdown too. Parks are closed, stores are closed. Bars are actually doing “to go“ drinks which is strange.

Im thinking you’re right with the +3 throttle body. I’m leaving the 14 on till it’s toasted and then I’ll swap. I take such good care of the chain idk if I’ll ever have to replace it. We’ll see in a while. Going to repack the mufflers this weekend. After burning all that oil it’s entire life im Sure that packing is done for.

I shined up the wheels today too. They look good like a mirror. The only problem is that one tire has a hole in it and won’t hold pressure. It’s not the bead unfortunately.

·
10,800 Posts
I bet the O2 bung got warped from the double welding. You might have to destroy it to get it out. Then, I would run a tap thru to straighten and clean it up.

All the camp grounds by the Oregon dunes are closed as well as the trails. I can camp on private property and the dunes aren't closed. But some of the trails to the different areas are closed. The old saying,, "You can't get there from here".

I think I have some muffler packing..

How big a hole is in the tire? Can it be plugged or patched?

Post up some pictures of the wheels.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I will post some up tomorrow when the sun is back out. Idk about the hole, I can’t find it. I had the tire shop use bead sealer glue on it and it’s still leaking which is why I say there’s got to be a hole somewhere. Eh I already bought the packing but thanks.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts