Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Roseville just outside of Sacramento. I'm pretty new to riding just having picked up an 05 660 a couple months ago. So far I've been out to prarie city(too many times), mamoth bar, and sugar pine. I plan on heading out to stoneyford, carnagie and clear creek, sand mountain, and pismo beach pretty soon. Can anyone give me any info on these places? Speaking from experience, what is the best place t ride around northern cali? I like trail riding but I also like going balls to the wall fast and jumping. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I hate prarie city, the sand rules, pipi valley is also cool up hwy 88, im going to pismo tomarrow

im in lodi

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey 05rappininsac

I Live in Rocklin. It's to bad that your riding experiences so far have been possibly the worst places to ride in nor cal. prairie city: nickname says it all "Prairie shitty", mammoth bar: the track is only fun twice and that’s if their mostly quads on the track, and sugar pine Great for bikes but too damn tight for a pack of quads. I usually ride in Colfax at Red Dog or the tracks off the highway by hwy 147. I have been riding at Red Dog for more than a year and have probably only covered 30 to 40 percent of the trails. I usually go riding Sunday mornings (MY Sunday school), almost every weekend in fall and spring. Except in the rain. The creeks up there get about 4 to 6 ft deep and move about 20+ mph in the rains. best of all this spot has all the different types of terrains (hills, sand, creeks, roost walls, technical trails, miles and miles of fire roads some sand; some rock; some hard pack; some gravel for drifting, ect. ect.. ect...), all within 45 minutes from Roseville. Sand Mountain Nev. in is a different world. I didn’t much care for the sand riding not technical enough for me and not into dragging up hills. The other places you mentioned are good spots too just a haul from us. Let me Know if you want dirrections & i'll get them out to you or anybody else that want's them.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'll take the directions.

I keep hearing about little Grass valley res. and Po-Ho Ridge, any one ride them??

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Folks here are the directions to the grass valley/ greenhorn/ red dog riding area that hallz asked for. I havent checked this section in a while. If you get a chance take the trip I promise you you wont regret it.
I get back into town this weekend and tring to get a ride going. If anybody has any more questions or wants to meet up for the ride with us. Drop me a p.m. And if not enjoy the new trails.

Mike

Miles Instructions from downtown sacramento For Toward
0.0 Depart Sacramento on 12th St (North) 65 yds
0.1 Turn RIGHT (East) onto J St 1.4 mi
1.4 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-80 Bus [Capital City Fwy] 7.7 mi I-80-BR / Reno
9.1 Merge onto I-80 25.6 mi
34.7 At exit 120, stay on I-80 (North-East) 14.2 mi
48.9 Turn off onto Ramp, CA-174 / Colfax / Grass Valley/ Lake Rollins 0.1 mi CA-174 / Colfax / Grass Valley
49.1 Bear RIGHT (South-East) onto N Canyon Way, then immediately turn RIGHT (West) onto SR-174 0.2 mi
49.3 Turn RIGHT (East) onto SR-174 [Central St] 1.2 mi
50.5 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-174 6.2 mi
56.7 Turn RIGHT (North) onto You Bet Rd 0.4 mi
Once your on you bet rd stay on it. Your going to cross the only concrete bridge on You Bet Rd. Immediately after the bridge take a left at the hanson brother’s sign. The road will turn to dirt and go through a gravel quarry.( don’t mess around in the quarry, and don’t drive through the quarry during the week. These are the only rules that the hanson brother’s have.) after the quarry just keep following the creek and you’ll hit the parking area because you cant go any further.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's the directions coming from reno for the folks that like on the other side of the hill. Enjoy
Time Mile Instruction For Toward
Summary: 91.7 miles (1 hour, 25 minutes)
9:00 AM 0.0 Depart Reno on Mill St (West) 54 yds
9:00 AM 0.1 Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-395 Bus [S Virginia St] 0.8 mi
9:02 AM 0.8 Turn LEFT (West) onto W 8th St 131 yds
9:02 AM 0.9 Take Ramp onto I-80 82.8 mi I-80
9:13 AM 14.1 Entering California
10:11 AM 83.6 Turn RIGHT onto Ramp 0.1 mi CA-174 / Colfax / Grass Valley
10:11 AM 83.7 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp 43 yds CA-174 / Colfax / Grass Valley / CDF Fire Station
10:11 AM 83.8 Bear RIGHT (North) onto S Auburn Ave 131 yds
10:12 AM 83.8 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-174 98 yds
10:12 AM 83.9 Turn RIGHT (East) onto SR-174 [Central St] 1.2 mi
10:14 AM 85.1 Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-174 6.2 mi
10:24 AM 91.3 Turn RIGHT (North) onto You Bet Rd 0.4 mi
Once your on you bet rd stay on it. Your going to cross the only concrete bridge on You Bet Rd. Immediately after the bridge take a left at the hanson brother’s sign. The road will turn to dirt and go through a gravel quarry.( don’t mess around in the quarry, and don’t drive through the quarry during the week. These are the only rules that the hanson brother’s have.) after the quarry just keep following the creek and you’ll hit the parking area because you cant go any further.

·
Registered
517 Posts
When you going out? If I can swing it, it would be fun to get out in some good weather.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who ever is interested I'm setting up a trip to red dog(grass Valley, No. Cali) sunday feb 11,2007. So far were 6 rider's deep. We bounce out of sac around 8:15 am and are riding by 9:30 ish. If anybody whats to join up PM my so I can let you know wher to meet up at.--Mike

·
Registered
517 Posts
Rode it yesterday......looped on a little hill climb and now have fractured lower vertebrae. Ill be out a few 3-6 weeks, but we will have to meet up this spring. I will return with a chest protector even as ghey as they look.

Cool place though,..thanks for the directions Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Hallz sorry to hear about your wreck, glad your ok. I was suppose to be out there sunday also, but Last year on super bowl sunday I was out in colfax and tumbled thru a mud hole, I broke my collar bone. took me out for a month. I wasnt going to chance it this year. Sorry your had to be the one to continue the jinx. :(Anyway glad you enjoyed the spot for the time you where riding, and when your ready to roll again hit me up and we'll meet up for a ride. Take care ---Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts