Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought the only EFI 700cc kit I could find that met these requirements.2lb bottle,wet system(so I could keep PCIII),
the problem I am noting is that the kit is intended for 4 stroke 4 cyl and they dont make a 4 stroke kit 2 cylinder for anything over 500cc..
will the extra two injectors get tossed and can i use this kit?..I know I can lower the jets enough to not cause engine damage but are those two injectors required to complete the nos circuit or can they be blanked off? I jsut dont know enough bout Nos in atv applications..any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Talljess said:
so instead of direct injection just throw it down her throat?..

This is a direct port injection single cylinder fogger system. It is a true wet system that does not have to rely on the EFI controller for the added fuel. It's comes with it's own fuel pump that supplies the fuel via a fitting you install in the fuel tank.
The Fogger nozzle is placed in the intergal cast intake manifold as close to the intake valves as possible. You drill and tap the manifold and install the fogger nozzle. The you have a true direct port wet N20 system :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
No I got the NX kit I linked to not the NOS kit. I still have not installed it. I will after I get done with the internal mods this winter.

How much more did it cost you for the 4 cylinder application? If I understand you correctly you will have 3 extra nozzles, lines ETC left over?

·
Registered
81 Posts
RaptorRandy,

What kind of performance increase do you expect from your NOS system once you install it? I understand it depends on what other mods have already been done, but was looking for a ballpark hp gain. Also, does installing a NOS kit have any negative effects on the Raptor? Thanks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I was gonna direct inject into cylinders but that was going to be too much work so i downgraded sytem. Now I am going to direct port into the intake like you suggested..I wont get as much HP right off the bat because I am going to start the jets off super low untill I have forged pistons installed

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
SLCRaptor700 said:
RaptorRandy,

What kind of performance increase do you expect from your NOS system once you install it? I understand it depends on what other mods have already been done, but was looking for a ballpark hp gain. Also, does installing a NOS kit have any negative effects on the Raptor? Thanks.

Well I'll start of with the 15 HP jets and tune from there I will be running an Aftermarket rod, trued and welded crank and a forged 10.75 piston When all is said and done I hope to end up with a true additional 25 RWHP when on the bottle. The N20 will only be used for serious hill racing. The rest of the time the bottle will remain in the trailer so I don't over use it ;) The only negative effect is at high hp levels it will add wear on the engine. If not tuned properly and you experience a lean condition you can grenade the engine so it pays to be conservative.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
a little off topic question here, but maybe i'll win the lotto and can afford a set up like this,...this is just a "could you" question....could you run, 804 bigbore with a turbo,and a nos kit?.. i'm thinking king of the hill would be handed over pretty quick with a set up like that?.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
NICK said:
a little off topic question here, but maybe i'll win the lotto and can afford a set up like this,...this is just a "could you" question....could you run, 804 bigbore with a turbo,and a nos kit?.. i'm thinking king of the hill would be handed over pretty quick with a set up like that?.
To much compression, you will grenade the engine on a 804

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After talking with summit and the guys from NOS they guarantee this kit to be the one for the 2007 raptor 700r..The people at summitracing were some of the best damn service peeps I have ever dealt with..Thay got me on track and when they didnt know the answer they called the manufacture and got back to me in an hour.They called me in iraq no less.That sh$t aint cheap

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pardon my asking but you said the kit is for a 2 cylinder 4 stroke right? The raptor is only a single cylinder engine, why the dual cylinder kit?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Shredder770 said:
NICK said:
To much compression, you will grenade the engine on a 804

ok, so could you do turbo and nos on any bore kit?...even say a 734, turbo,nos> again, i'm just thinking crazy,..

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok all is said and done and thanx randy for the nx link ..I found the same kit at summit for 175 bucks cheaper so I changed my order once again..Hopefully that will be the last time...I think with the dual purges and nx kit and the leds for the purge added up to bout 750ish..should keep me busy when i get home ....for bout a day :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts