Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have some problems with my raptor 350.

When i go to start it, it will only run on reserve with choke on. The thing will only run for about maybe 30 secs at most. Then it wont start again and ihave to wait about 20 or 30 mins before it will start again and do the same thing.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
And how to fix it?

But remember i do not know what im doing really. haha

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ok so i have some problems with my raptor 350.

When i go to start it, it will only run on reserve with choke on. The thing will only run for about maybe 30 secs at most. Then it wont start again and ihave to wait about 20 or 30 mins before it will start again and do the same thing.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
And how to fix it?

But remember i do not know what im doing really. haha
You can start by cleaning your carb....realy realy good, & maby a valve adjustment. Whens the last time you checked your air filter? Maby its realy dirty..
Good luck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ok my wife had the same issue with her 350 when she had it im not sure the part name but it hooks the float to the carb it has a rubber tip on it ill find a pic of it for u clean it hers had tarnish on it that fixed the problem here is the pic its curciled in red

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i cleaned the bottom bowl of the carb and then put it back together and ran the crap out of it! I could easily tell that worked for a quick fix. Now the thing runs like a beauty again!

·
Registered
205 Posts
was the float pin gummed up glad it worked out for you

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
what he has in red is only 1/2 of it you need what is in green. you might as well get a rebuild kit and the parts in green if they are not in the kit. And like Banshee2Raptor said CLEAN the entire carb. I claened mine on my 660 a few months ago and used about 4 cans of carb cleaner and swapped out the jets with new since I was in a hurry.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts