Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the "Top Speed of a Stock 660 Raptor" post and the top speed is 72 mph. Well I opened my Raptor up on the road and it maxed at about 60-65 mph. I am curious as to why I am so underpowered in comparison and why am I loosing so much top speed.

The entire engine was tore down by someone that is really good and nothing was worn and everything looked good so we didn't check the compression. It is faster than I can handle on dirt but I would like to get it running to it's full potential.

My mods are as followed:
686 big bore
CP Pistons 11.5-1 compression
Hot Cam Stage 3 Cam
Hot Cam Valve Springs
160-165 mains
#25 Pilots
Needles halfway up
HMF Slip on Exhaust
K&N Filter Kit-no lid
Elevation 1600'

It will backfire a little when I come off the throttle completely after WOT.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was just looking at the "Top Speed of a Stock 660 Raptor" post and the top speed is 72 mph. Well I opened my Raptor up on the road and it maxed at about 60-65 mph. I am curious as to why I am so underpowered in comparison and why am I loosing so much top speed.

The entire engine was tore down by someone that is really good and nothing was worn and everything looked good so we didn't check the compression. It is faster than I can handle on dirt but I would like to get it running to it's full potential.

My mods are as followed:
686 big bore
CP Pistons 11.5-1 compression
Hot Cam Stage 3 Cam
Hot Cam Valve Springs
160-165 mains
#25 Pilots
Needles halfway up
HMF Slip on Exhaust
K&N Filter Kit-no lid
Elevation 1600'

It will backfire a little when I come off the throttle completely after WOT.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim
Your speedometer must be broken................:D

That is friggen slow...................:D

What gearing and needles are you using, how tall are the tires........

My raptor pulled 80 mph with 12-48 sprockets and 19 inch tall tires..................

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went for a ride with GPS and got 63 mph and realized my throttle lever speed limiter was screwed in a bit. I opened up the speed limiter and she went 74.3 mph :wow:
I know that isn't the fastest but it is plenty fast for me and I feel that it is tuned pretty good for my setup. I just did one run so I may have been able to get a little better but I am definitely happy with that result from my set up so I did put the speed limiter back down so I wont work the engine too hard.

Thanks again everyone!

Oh and a side note:

From all the help and info I got from here, my friends think I am a genius to be able to pick up and learn how to work on and fix this Raptor so fast... Little do they know!!!! Hahaha, thanks again everyone.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts