Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I got hosed on the weekend by my mates Stock Std 700R and a 450r had 13 races and we all kept side by side even swapped riders around :3question: I Have over $3k Mods and it didn't make any difference. :help: I put the 15Tooth before I went and it feels slower , We even had a Top end roll on race and I only pulled away in 5th gear 6000rpm :feedback:
After the sixth race I was pissed why would there be so little difference if any :wtf: I'm ready to take that 15T off as I feel :ripped:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Do you have an intake? Does the "GYTR Air Cleaner-No Lid" mod in your sig mean you have a GYTR intake and filter? Are you sure your bike is tuned right? Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pile0g00 said:
Do you have an intake? Does the "GYTR Air Cleaner-No Lid" mod in your sig mean you have a GYTR intake and filter? Are you sure your bike is tuned right? Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
Yes I've got a Standard air box with a GYTR filter with the lid off, I've got a tune that was e-mailed to me run's mint just slow :chair:

·
Registered
314 Posts
with the mods you have, you should have tore them appart. i honestly cant think WTF is going on. i assume you checked the plug for any fouling? somethings deffinately not right there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I know exactly how you feel man. i got beat by a stock appearing 700r with blaster shocks and studded 18" rear tires. We went from a roll and he still outran me. I think he had the head ported because that was the only reason i could think of as to why he was beating me like that. I'm not sweating it because I'm going with a 11:1 piston, megacycle cam and trail porting in the future. After my build, i'm going to have my bike tuned on the dyno so I can make sure i'm getting all i can get out of my combo. Right now, I think my raptor may be running a little rich due to it popping on decelleration. What are some tell-tell signs of it running rich? Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
912 Posts
i'm running the map supplied by sparks racing along with the accelerator pump activated with an open airbox. Is there a possiblilty that i'm running lean? What cause's a lean condition? Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
oic10z said:
:mad: I got hosed on the weekend by my mates Stock Std 700R and a 450r had 13 races and we all kept side by side even swapped riders around :3question: I Have over $3k Mods and it didn't make any difference. :help: I put the 15Tooth before I went and it feels slower , We even had a Top end roll on race and I only pulled away in 5th gear 6000rpm :feedback:
After the sixth race I was pissed why would there be so little difference if any :wtf: I'm ready to take that 15T off as I feel :ripped:
Get a stage one cam and have your bike mapped. Should be really fast then...How much of the $3,000 was for items that added weight to your bike.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well, as I said before the 15T is not for everybody. I have tried the 15T and the 36T for the rear. When I had the 36T rear I was very happy with the results. Then I removed the 36T put the stock 38T on and tried it with a 15T that everyone seems to love and me myself was not very happy with it. I then went back to a 36T rear only with the stock front and that has worked best for me. Guess for me it works best because I'm 6'1" and 178lbs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ssraptor06 said:
oic10z said:
Get a stage one cam and have your bike mapped. Should be really fast then...How much of the $3,000 was for items that added weight to your bike.
That's the point why has it not made a difference only Std :3question: The may be 20 Pounds over Std but I'm 50 heavier than my mate and we swapped bikes with little difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
700rider said:
Well, as I said before the 15T is not for everybody. I have tried the 15T and the 36T for the rear. When I had the 36T rear I was very happy with the results. Then I removed the 36T put the stock 38T on and tried it with a 15T that everyone seems to love and me myself was not very happy with it. I then went back to a 36T rear only with the stock front and that has worked best for me. Guess for me it works best because I'm 6'1" and 178lbs.
Very Good Point :grin_nod: I'm 6' and 230lbs With the 15T it just seem to be laboring really hard , No real snap anymore. I hope it's only the Cog :'(

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SE700r said:
with the mods you have, you should have tore them apart. i honestly cant think WTF is going on. i assume you checked the plug for any fouling? somethings definitely not right there.
I checked the Plug as advised, To fine it as white as snow

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check your clutch cable, my buddy had that problem. It turned out to be his clutch was slipping.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 700 with similar mods to you including the DMC Dual system. I recently had it Dyno tuned and it turns out that it was running way to lean and therefore the power was down. Have you considered getting it Dyno tuned and create your own map?

You could consider calling Zak at www.explosiveracing.com.au in Sydney, he may be able to suguest somewhere to get it done.

Did you know there is an Australian forum? www.ozatv.com

·
Registered
337 Posts
i kept beating a modded 700 Saturday with my stock bike, 3 times in a row, some skinny dude, then told him mine was stock, he seemed to rev it out too much as I was shortshifting and got into 4th and 5th earlier. My radiator fan came on, maybe it pulled me ahead a little. Trying to save me $$$ for a 734 or 804, maybe next yrs taxes.

·
Registered
644 Posts
700rider said:
Yeah, I went -2 on the back and it's great

·
Registered
314 Posts
oic10z said:
SE700r said:
with the mods you have, you should have tore them apart. i honestly cant think WTF is going on. i assume you checked the plug for any fouling? somethings definitely not right there.
I checked the Plug as advised, To fine it as white as snow
your runing dangerously lean then my man, you might want to check what map you havr loaded into the PCIII, and adjust accordingly. :thumbsup:

also this might sound silly, but i would check the conections of the PCIII just to be sure the signal is being recieved by the injector.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ChoChillin said:
i kept beating a modded 700 Saturday with my stock bike, 3 times in a row, some skinny dude, then told him mine was stock, he seemed to rev it out too much as I was shortshifting and got into 4th and 5th earlier. My radiator fan came on, maybe it pulled me ahead a little. Trying to save me $$$ for a 734 or 804, maybe next yrs taxes.
So it was you :p Yeah I now try finding a stock 700R with a really fat rider :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts