Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good morning all, i want an exhaust that BARKS, not screams. these machines are notoriously loud when piped and im looking for something that has an aggressive tone but won't wake the dead because im riding on my neighbors land and some people are old and get cranky. suggestions or youtube links would be awesome, thanks -Jay

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Haha... I would probably avoid Alba exhaust unless you plan on using the quiet cap. I know they sound like a harley.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Why not just use the little search button on YouTube. I am sure you will find what your looking for.

Before purchasing an exhaust you might want to do yourself a favor and get a Fuel Controller first. Just my .02

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have never been able to get a realistic idea of what an exhaust will sound like from youtube. Most mics have volume leveling that turns sensitivity down as sounds get louder.

I wouldn't mind seeing recommendations made by other members for a quiet exhaust.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
Most of your full aftermarket exhausts will be loud without the Quiet Core and Spark Arrestor. No matter what you pick, if the sounds level is going to be an issue then you will definitely want to get those.

What are your intentions with your bike? Are you going to be modding it like crazy? Are you going to be tearing into the engine at all? These are all questions you need to ask yourself before purchasing a good exhaust without having to double dip on systems.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Back in the day the Yoshi exhaust was the quietest out of the pipes tested in the dirt wheels pipe shoot out. It is also priced pretty good. 400 for the complete system. I belive you can also get quiet cores for it as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
intentions are rough trails with some straights, rolling hills and fields. down the road, some jets and MAYBE the edlebrock single carb system. also a ported an polished head. if there's money left over, possibly a stroker. 686 or 720, havent decided

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts
intentions are rough trails with some straights, rolling hills and fields. down the road, some jets and MAYBE the edlebrock single carb system. also a ported an polished head. if there's money left over, possibly a stroker. 686 or 720, havent decided
With all of that I would either go with Sparks XX6 or Duals which will help that build out alot. But either way you will need to Q/C and S/A if you need quite.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Before purchasing an exhaust you might want to do yourself a favor and get a Fuel Controller first. Just my .02
I haven't found a fuel controller that works well on the 660 yet :rofl:

That Sparks xx6 is LOUD though, ain't it ??? Both the Sparks and the CT pipes are pretty loud from what I hear. I've run the CT a couple times, great pipe but for sure loud. It is tunable though, you can add/remove discs to make it quieter, but I never played with it to see how quiet it can get. The Alba pipe ain't much quieter than the CT.

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts

·
Modding Maniac
3,052 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so anything with a quiet core and spark arrestor. thx

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I haven't found a fuel controller that works well on the 660 yet :rofl:

That Sparks xx6 is LOUD though, ain't it ??? Both the Sparks and the CT pipes are pretty loud from what I hear. I've run the CT a couple times, great pipe but for sure loud. It is tunable though, you can add/remove discs to make it quieter, but I never played with it to see how quiet it can get. The Alba pipe ain't much quieter than the CT.
I wish sparks would put all there pipes on the web. They only have like 5 different options.

They have the standard 6x. Standard Stainless header wich has 2 primary's that go in to one 2 in dia header. Standard 2in core in the silencer. This is going to be your quiestest option for Sparks.

Then you have the Big core wich is the standard stainless header above with a Big core in the silencer. It is 2.25 inch.

I am not too shure on the rest of these they might not be avalable for the 660.

6xl MX wich i belive has a larger diameter header. Where the primary pipes go in to 1 the header diameter is 2.25 or, and I belive the silencer has a 2.5 in core. I dont belive you can run a spark arrestor or quiet core in this pipe because the core diameter is the same size as what the metal flange of the quite core and spark arrestor. So there is no way for the end cap to clamp and hold the spark arrestor / quiet core.

Then there is the 6XXL also known as the crackinator. It has a larger 2.5 in header and 2.5 in core. The silencer is also a lot shorter. It is made as a drag pipe. The silencer only has 1 mounting tab.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
so anything with a quiet core and spark arrestor. thx
If your looking for a quiet exhaust then get the yoshi. It is an excelent built exhaust. Dont get me wrong it is still loud just a little quieter than the others. That way if you need it the quitest you can get then throw the quiet core in, other wise run it with out it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts