Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed my one way bearing put everything back together went to start it not starting right cranks for a while then will fire. when running sounds like its skipping and smokes a lot on start up. quad did not do this until i changed that one way anyone else have an opinion??????

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
Did you make sure the woodruff key was in place between the crankshaft and the flywheel during re-assembly?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did everything went back together exactly the way it had been before

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Check that the flywheel TDC mark coincides with the piston TDC...........
If they do not, your flywheel key is not in its place..............

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys it was my stator dropped one of. Them dowel pins into case. But now after 2 months it will fire and idle but as soon as I touch the throttle it pops and backfires. It ran fine for two months then all of a sudden this!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks Guys it was my stator dropped one of. Them dowel pins into case. But now after 2 months it will fire and idle but as soon as I touch the throttle it pops and backfires. It ran fine for two months then all of a sudden this!
Check your park brake switch, sounds like the rev limiter is engaging..........or just disconnect the wiring from the harness in the area oof the left headlight........black wire and a green and yellow wire going to the main harness, make sure you seal the main harness with silicone since water in the plug will turn it back on, or better still cut the green and yellow wire at the cdi...........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea man I have already done that only thing I can think of is maybe valves or you think reverse limiter. It started around half throttle and now it's doing it as soon as I touch it now

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing Is if it were the reverse limiter my reverse light would blink when it was doing it and it's not

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
Does the reverse light work properly (when in reverse)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea it does

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
Just to be sure it's not the PB limiter, cut the green/yellow wire up near the CDI... just in case the wire is chafed or pinched and shorting to frame somewhere.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok will do and keep you posted now you don't think valves could be at fault? Or that might make it hard to start too

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
Valve issues usually show themselves at start, yes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably about 50 or60 hours on it maybe. See it starts right up with out a problem idles perfect it's just when it gets throtle I'm gonna clip wires tomorrow and check valves might even do compression check for good measure

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for the speedy responses

·
Master of the Electron
15,228 Posts
It's not valves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not thinking it is either m hoping it's something simple and not something inside the motor

1 - 20 of 35 Posts