Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 raptor 660 and yesterday I had it out and it was running really bad. It kept sputtering and popping and kept wanting to stall. To get back to our tracks I had to keep pulling the clutch in reving it then going more. This was on repeat for about ten minutes until I got back to the road. I had it out last week and it ran perfect. The only thing I changed was I took the baffle out the exhaust. Could this have something to do with it? Fast forward to today, I starting taking it apart and I noticed one of the breather hoses for the carbs were aimed up and full of fuel. Cause this have been the issue? I ran it around the yard but couldn’t get it out of first to really test it. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm no expert on the stock exhaust baffle, but the general rule of thumb for these engines: When you increase airflow, you have to increase fuel flow to compensate. You could be running too lean after removing the baffle. Quick way to tell: Put the baffle back in and see if your problem persists. If so, you will need to re-jet to run with the baffle off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts