Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 raptor lte duals, gytr intake no lid, and the pcIII with raptorrandys map. whe i go to start it it will run for a second or two then die. so when i start it i have to give it a tad more gas for a few seconds then its fine :3question: i also noticed when my friend rode it, it made a few pops :3question: any ideas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine seems to do this also and with only intake, pciii and stock exhaust (spark arrestor removed), even shortly after I replace the plug. It doesn't die all the time, but it doesn't start as quickly as it did when it was stock. I'm guessing it is the pc.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
RaptorR said:
I have a 06 raptor lte duals, gytr intake no lid, and the pcIII with raptorrandys map. whe i go to start it it will run for a second or two then die. so when i start it i have to give it a tad more gas for a few seconds then its fine :3question: i also noticed when my friend rode it, it made a few pops :3question: any ideas?

Mine would do that once in a while with my 3 mod map and I did just like you said, gave it a tad bit of throttle. The popping I never had on mine. I think I would fatten it up about 2 to 4% from the 500 to 1500 RPM in the zero throttle position column and 2% in the 500 to 1250 RPM area in the second column, also put a fresh NGK CR8EIX iridium plug in it and see if that cures it.

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.