Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look guys Ima throw this thing over the hill........:mad: but hrere goes goodf luck..... i no my way around bikes i work on them quite frequently but this is my first raptor this kids beats the he// outa bikes n i got it because nobody else would work on it what i replace so far that have to do with my problem: cylinder,head,gaskets,flywheel,stator,starter that's all that i can think of that have to do with the engine it has spark, put a new plug in to be sure, its in time according to the book, i checked the decompression valve and it is lined up as far as i can tell and by what the book gives me, i beleive it an 02-03 if anybody can help me figure out what year that would b a great help also: and another thing after replacing the starter when i tighten down the starter cover bolts on the side of the case it locks the starter up and wont let it spin i have to loosen the 4 bolts to where they are almost vibrating out??????? any information would be appreciated and im sure i can return the favor in someway with parts or tips, like i said i work on bikes frequently and this has me stumped thanks for lookin guys

·
Master of the Electron
14,486 Posts
Have you downloaded the manual from the top of this section yet? It may help you with some of your issues.

Have you tried starting with starting fluid?

Have you FULLY cleaned the carbs?

Does your left side cover have all three hollow locating dowels installed?

Have you measured compression?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you downloaded the manual from the top of this section yet? It may help you with some of your issues.

Have you tried starting with starting fluid?

Have you FULLY cleaned the carbs?

Does your left side cover have all three hollow locating dowels installed?

Have you measured compression?
............i tried gas in the intake and down the spark plug but i am getting starter fluid tomorrow.....where is the manual? i have it on my phone but it would b nice to have it to were i can see a bigger picture ha........im also going to clean out the carbs tomorrow.......dowels? on the starter cover?........ i am also going to try the compression my buddy has a tster but i dunno if it will screw into it or not? i appreciate the help man....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i am getting ready to do, check the clearance.....also anybody no were i can get a universal compression tester the one i have doesn't work for atv's preferably a universal one without spending a buttload of money?

·
Master of the Electron
14,486 Posts
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Rent it from auto zone , they will give you back all your deposit when you return tester.

·
Master of the Electron
14,486 Posts
Yes - many major auto parts stores will 'rent' you a tool for free - charge a deposit that is fully refunded when you bring the tool back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah the auto parts stores that allow the free rental usually give you cheap tools that are often already broke before you got to use it. Just my experience.

·
Master of the Electron
14,486 Posts
Check if piston is at max height (use a screwdriver in plug hole) when I is in crank inspection hole - if not, your cam timing is off... if good, look more carefully at your carbs - spray some starting fluid in - what happens?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts