Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, if you seen my other post you will have read that i went riding and thought i blew up my 4-wheller, well i had a chance to run a compression check on it and i have 90 psi. that seems low? and if that is the case that means i am looking to do a tear down and rebuild with possible upgrades(turbo, big bore kit). either way i am posting this to find out what i should look for when tearing it down and what to expect. Also i checked the oil and antifrezze both were at there level and looked as they should, so figured that i could rule out the head gasket being blown. never the less i will have pics and i will keep you posted. thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Compression with the cam decomp mechanism in usually yields around 130psi, without it you should be in the 160 range with 182 as peak. You could have dropped a valve, had a valve seal leaking, or blowby from worn out piston rings.

Remove the side covers and the spark plug and try to turn the engine over manually, if this doesn't turn relatively easily you've got some potentially major engine troubles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts