Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TIME CHANGE FOR THE SHOW & SHINE !!....Moved to 1:00 pm....This is to allow our Rally folks to participate in a fund raiser POKER RUN for our Half Moon Bay camp host, Doug, who is fighting cancer....please help support this effort. Have your Show & Shine entries at Group Site "D" at 12:30 for staging !

***********************************************************************************************************************

The NW RAPTOR RALLY 2011 will be held at Winchester Bay this May 12,13 and 14 and we are going to again have as one of the events a SHOW & SHINE ! All of you planning to attend the Rally will be able to have some fun by entering your bike in this year`s SHOW & SHINE....or if you prefer....just come look at the bikes and enjoy the beauty of what some of our Raptor friends have done with their bikes.

The SHOW & SHINE event will be held at 1:00 pm on Saturday at Group Site "D" and the winners announced at the Saturday evening dinner prior to the Raffle. There will again be 3 main classes judged for the SHOW & SHINE, with each class winner receiving a beautiful plaque and a $25.00 cash prize. We will also have a BEST IN SHOW winner that the judges feel is overall, the best bike in the judged classes. The winner of the BEST IN SHOW will receive a very nice trophy and a cash award of $100.00

This year we will also be adding an "Exhibitors" class for Raptors from our Sponsors or Members who wish to show their bikes, but would prefer to not be in the judged classes.....And to go along with the "Exhibitors" class, we have decided to add a PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD that all of you who attend the SHOW & SHINE will vote for the Raptor that you feel is the one that you like the best. The bikes that you can vote for will be any bikes entered in the judged prize classes or the "Exhibitors" class.....Just vote for the Raptor that you like the most ! The PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD will receive a nice plaque recognizing their efforts and their Raptor.

We have made some changes to the classes and rules for each, so before we finalize the classes, we wanted to publish the proposed classes and class rules for open comment.....Sooooo, please take a look at this years classes and rules and provide us with any constructive ideas or suggestions that you feel will make the classes better. After a week or so, we will finalize the classes and publish them here for you to see. We have tried to make the classes this year more open for the less modded machines, as we would like to have lots of participants for this fun event. Take a look and let us know your thoughts !

OK....THE CLASSES AND RULES AS SHOWN BELOW ARE FINAL !....Edited Wednesday, March 23rd.

JUDGED CLASSES

#1 Class -STOCK/4 MOD.....Stock Frame, full brakes, shocks. Must be stock bore/stroke, no motor mods other than cam and Big 3.....which can includes pipes, controller and intake. No more than a +4 swingarm. No limits on cosmetic mods, tires or wheels. No lockups.

#2 Class -Duner/Mods Limited....Stock frame, full brakes shocks. No limits on motor mods, except must be stock stroke. No more than a +6 swingarm. No limits on cosmetic mods, tires or wheels. Lockups OK.

#3 Class -Duner/Mods Unlimited....Raptor based bike....Raptor Frame or Raptor based motor qualify....No limts on frame, motor, cosmetic mods, tires and wheels, or swingarms. Turbos OK.

#4 Exhibitors Class.....Totally open to any Raptor based machine from mild to wild ! This class will not be judged....but, will be open to the voting for the PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD !

Entry forms will be made avaiable on the forum as soon as the rules are finalized and the entry forms, as well as the ballots for the PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD will be avaliable at Group Site "D" any time up to the time of the event.

We`ll get some pictures up from last years SHOW & SHINE to remind you of the nice quads we had entered last year, as well as shots of last years` winners. I would also like to thank our SHOW & SHINE Sponsors for this year. Please support and thank MonsterQuad....Direct Drive...Racers Edge... English Racing...and my Friends & Family at Group Site "E".

Give us your comments and suggestions......Thanks....Sandaddy 8) (Don)

~

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Some photos of 2010 Show and shine.

Enter this year and you to can get your photo posted it is lots of fun and there is a class for every Raptor

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris posted some pics of last years` SHOW & SHINE......Take a look at the classes for this year and let me know if you`ve got some suggestions or comments !

~ Sandaddy 8)

~

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK.....The classes as outlined in the first post will be the final classes and rules !

Please take some time to review those rules and select the class you will want to enter your bike in......Remember, you may enter only one class and you will compete only against other quads in that class.

The BEST IN SHOW winner will be selected from all bikes entered in the 3 judged classes and will not include bikes from the "Exhibitor" class.

The PEOPLES CHOICE award will be voted on by the people attending the SHOW & SHINE and will include for voting all 3 judged classes and the "Exhibitor" class.

All judging, voting and awards are for Raptors only !

The SHOW & SHINE will be held on Saturday at 12:00 noon at Group Site "D".....Have your quad and completed entry form at campsite "D" by no later than 11:30 on Saturday for staging. Entry forms will be available at Campsite "D' from Thursday to Show & Shine time. I will try to post an entry form that can be printed, as well.

Alright.....Let`s see some interest....Who is gonna enter ? We have some very nice awards for the show....Plaques, trophies and cash ....Anyone want the goodies ?

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
We'll have a bike in the Exhibitor class, most likely my drag bike. Means I need to get out the buffer and some elbow grease :)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shine `em up guys !.....Great to have Hurrikain and aaronFDL in the show...:D.

Paul from MonsterQuad and Mike from D7 will also have some very nice lookin quads in the "Exhibitor" class.....It will be very interesting to see who shows up and enters this year.

I spent some time yesterday with Scott from Direct Drive and Scott is coming up with some very kewl and unique plaques to be part of the awards for the SHOW & SHINE this year.....very nice of Scott....please always let our vendor/sponsors know how much we all appreciate their support.

OK....Let`s hear from some more of you out there....Show us some pics, too !....:eek:

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is it ok for me to enter my conversion?

What is your conversion ?....Do I get to ride it ?....lol

If it`s your hillshooter and it has any Raptor based frame or motor....you can go in the Unlimited class for judging.....or, you can put it in the "Exhibitor" class if you would like to just show it in a non judged class.

The "Exhibitor" class will not be judged....but any Raptor based bikes entered in this class will be eligible for the Peoples Choice award....Chosen by the votes of the folks attending the Show & shine.

~ Don 8)

·
2011 RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
883 Posts
What is your conversion ?....Do I get to ride it ?....lol

If it`s your hillshooter and it has any Raptor based frame or motor....you can go in the Unlimited class for judging.....or, you can put it in the "Exhibitor" class if you would like to just show it in a non judged class.

The "Exhibitor" class will not be judged....but any Raptor based bikes entered in this class will be eligible for the Peoples Choice award....Chosen by the votes of the folks attending the Show & shine.

~ Don 8)
Well no raptor parts on the bike, i guess for that fact no factory parts off any quad except for the seat pan. Looks like the Exhibitor class for me. Thanks Don

BigRig

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think everyone will enjoy taking a look at the work you have into your shooter.....Should be fun !....:D

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Rally Folks.....Just 5 weeks until the NW RAPTOR RALLY 2011 at Wichester Bay, Oregon...:D.

Get `em shined up and ready to ride and show.....tick tock....tick tock !

The entry forms will be available at the Rally....Group Site "D"....Pick up anytime up to the start of the SHOW & SHINE at 12:00 noon on Saturday. Have your bike at Group Site "D" by 11:30 for staging !

We will have the best ever Saturday Raffle this year....Our sponsors have really stepped up......Please remember to thank them and patronize their businesses.....They make our Rally what it is......Lot`s O Fun !

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
2011 RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
883 Posts
Hey Rally Folks.....Just 5 weeks until the NW RAPTOR RALLY 2011 at Wichester Bay, Oregon...:D.

Get `em shined up and ready to ride and show.....tick tock....tick tock !

The entry forms will be available at the Rally....Group Site "D"....Pick up anytime up to the start of the SHOW & SHINE at 12:00 noon on Saturday. Have your bike at Group Site "D" by 11:30 for staging !

We will have the best ever Saturday Raffle this year....Our sponsors have really stepped up......Please remember to thank them and patronize their businesses.....They make our Rally what it is......Lot`s O Fun !

~ Sandaddy 8)
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brought it to the top to remind y`all that the ........TIME IS APPROACHING.....lol ! :D

Anyone want to show some pics of their entries ?

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Brought it to the top to remind y`all that the ........TIME IS APPROACHING.....lol ! :D

Anyone want to show some pics of their entries ?

~ Sandaddy 8)
Here is mine!Almost Done!!:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts