Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
`

OK Raptor Rally Folks....Here`s the class line-ups for the NW Raptor Rally 2012 SHOW & SHINE !

The SHOW & SHINE will be on Saturday at 12:00 noon at Group Site "D"...Staging will begin at 11:30...with Raptors in the Group Site and other bikes (Open Class) lining the road area adjacent to the Group Site....Entry forms avaiable from Thursday on at Group Site "D".

Winners will be announced at the Saturday evening dinner event.

This year we will add one class to the SHOW & SHINE....due to popular demand....lol ! For 2012 we will add a class for all non-raptor bikes to participate in the SHOW & SHINE. We will name the class the "Open Class" and it will be a trial class this year to see how it works out with the overall Rally and our SHOW & SHINE event. Hopefully, with this class we will be able to display some of the same amazing skill and work that we have seen over the years in our Raptor classes. The class will be open to any and all Quads and 3 Wheelers that are not Raptors. I hear tell there are other bikes out there that aren`t Raptors that our Rally Folks will want to see.....So, tell your friends with those fancy builds....and yes, you Honda 70 owners, too.....lol....to get `em shined up and ready for the greatest RAPTOR RALLY SHOW & SHINE yet !

Outlined below are the rules and the classes for this year`s event so you can pick the class that you will want to enter. You may enter multiple quads or bikes with each entry to compete within one class and only against the other bikes in that class. There will be 4 judged classes to choose from and one other class....The "Exhibitors Class" which will not be judged.

We will have cash and trophy awards for each of the 4 judged classes and we will also have the "Peoples Choice Award" and of course....the annual "BEST IN SHOW" trophy and cash prize for the best overall Raptor that is entered in the event. Each class winner will receive a $25 cash award and trophy and the "BEST IN SHOW" will receive $100 in cash and a very special trophy. There will also be trophies presented for the "Exhibitors Class" and "the Peoples Choice Award".

A big thanks to our NW Raptor Rally SHOW & SHINE sponsors for 2012. Sponsoring this year`s event is Direct Drive, MonsterQuad, Racers Edge, Slide Creek Cattle Co. and my Friends and Family from Group Site "C" ( The Powelson, Ladd, Imus, Dawson and Bates Families). The trophy awards this year will again be done by our friends at Direct Drive....Scott and Lisa....You guys are great.....Thank you...Thank you !

JUDGED CLASSES

#1 Stock/4 Mod Raptor...Must have stock frame, full brakes and shocks. Must be stock bore/stroke, no motor mods beyond cam and Big Three...pipes, fuel controller and intake. No more than a +4 swinger. No limits on cosmetic mods, tires or wheels. No lockups !

#2 Duner-Mods Limited Raptor...Must have stock frame, full brakes and shocks. No limts on motor mods, except no stroked cranks ! No more than a +6 swinger. No limts on cosmetic mods, ties or wheels. Lockups OK !

#3 Duner-Mods Unlimited Raptor...Must be a Raptor based bike ! Raptor frame or Raptor based motor qualifies. No other limits on frame, motor, or cosmetic mods. Turbos OK in this class !

#4 Open...Any Quad or 3 Wheeler that is Not a Raptor ! .....No SxS...No limits on mods of any kind....Open to all our Non Raptor Friends ! This class is NOT eligible for the "Peoples Choice Award" or the "BEST IN SHOW" award.

NON JUDGED CLASSES AND AWARDS

"Exhibitors Class"...A Raptor class to show off your machine so all can enjoy it, yet not be judged against the other classes. This class is eligible for the "Peoples Choice Award".

"Peoples Choice Award"...The award goes to the Raptor that receives the most votes from the people attending the event....The 3 Raptor Classes and the "Exhibitors" Class are eligible for this award...ballots will be available at the event.

BEST IN SHOW AWARD

"BEST IN SHOW"...This award and trophy will go to the bike owner entered in any of the 3 Raptor Classes that the judges feel is the best overall bike in the show....Period !

So dust off your machines....shine `em up....put a few goodies on `em and bring them on down to this year`s NW Raptor Rally SHOW & SHINE !

~ Sandaddy (Don) 8)

`

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Hay Don thank you for posting this and all your support, I will add a link now. Looks to be a great event and one not to miss. Also I think the turbo drawing tickets will be on hand for this event as well. Thanks to D7 Racing for this outstanding donation with all funds going back into the rally for 2013.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Hay Don thank you for posting this and all your support, I will add a link now. Looks to be a great event and one not to miss. Also I think the turbo drawing tickets will be on hand for this event as well. Thanks to D7 Racing for this outstanding donation with all funds going back into the rally for 2013.
Your absolutely welcome Chris. And Don the only thing I can say is "GO DADDY GO"!!!!! You Rock

The D7 Gang!!!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If any of you ahve some pics from the last few year`s of SHOW & SHINE events...please post up a few.....:D

~ Sandaddy 8)

`

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
Pic's

Pic's from last years Rally.

Attachments

·
732 Posts
Show & Shine Pic's

Few more pic's. I should have 3 entered in show & shine this year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
`

Thanks John.....Appreciate you posting the pics...:D

Gonna enter 3 bikes ?....Who hoo.....Gotta love them pretty ones !

~ Sandaddy :cool:

`

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
`

I know all the rain and bad weather out there is dampening (pun intended...lol) enthusiasm this winter,,,but the Rally is coming up quick...So, let`s get some excitement going here !...:D

Anyone want to show off what they`re bringing to this year`s Rally ?

Come on....Let`s see `em !

~ Sandaddy 8)

`

·
732 Posts
`

I know all the rain and bad weather out there is dampening (pun intended...lol) enthusiasm this winter,,,but the Rally is coming up quick...So, let`s get some excitement going here !...:D

Anyone want to show off what they`re bringing to this year`s Rally ?

Come on....Let`s see `em !

~ Sandaddy 8)

`
Here's where one of my entry's at right now. Last week I was doings wheelies down the road in all four gears. This week its all apart to stretch frame 2", Move gas tank up 1 1/2", & move seat and rear fender up 1". Then off to the powder coaters. :D

Attachments

·
Clean 700 Raptor
275 Posts
Here's where one of my entry's at right now. Last week I was doings wheelies down the road in all four gears. This week its all apart to stretch frame 2", Move gas tank up 1 1/2", & move seat and rear fender up 1". Then off to the powder coaters. :D
looking good !!!! Was at Coosbay this weekend and got to ride for 4 hours on Saturday !!!

·
Clean 700 Raptor
275 Posts
No previews for us, Jim ?.....lol

~ Sandaddy 8)
Bike got hammered last weekend with all the rain and being covered up for two days in the rain !! Can you say rust !!!!!!! Got to love the rainy coast !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It`s been tough to find good riding weather this year.....no doubt !

We have only been to the coast for one day since last October....lol....Not Good ! :(

~ Sandaddy

`

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I'm really trying to make the rally this year, if I do I will make sure to try and clean the bike up and put it in the show & shine. How long do the bikes stay in the show & shine area? I gotta make sure I have plenty of time for grudge racing too lol.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm really trying to make the rally this year, if I do I will make sure to try and clean the bike up and put it in the show & shine. How long do the bikes stay in the show & shine area? I gotta make sure I have plenty of time for grudge racing too lol.

Lol....Staging at 11:30 am on Saturday....all over by probably 1:00 pm at the latest....Shine your baby up and have her be there ! Grudge racing at 2:00 pm....lol

·
Registered
399 Posts
Lol....Staging at 11:30 am on Saturday....all over by probably 1:00 pm at the latest....Shine your baby up and have her be there ! Grudge racing at 2:00 pm....lol

OK, looks good, we have 6 judges so far participating in the show n shine...any one else? We need an odd number of judges so there isn't a tie!!! Looks like the weather is potentially going to be good for the rally:D Its been dry this last week, and "pretty" dry the next 2+ weeks, so the water level should be about knee level, instead of waste level:D Leave the hip waders and boats home for this 2012 rally, which btw is going to be the best rally yet8)

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, looks good, we have 6 judges so far participating in the show n shine...any one else? We need an odd number of judges so there isn't a tie!!! Looks like the weather is potentially going to be good for the rally:D Its been dry this last week, and "pretty" dry the next 2+ weeks, so the water level should be about knee level, instead of waste level:D Leave the hip waders and boats home for this 2012 rally, which btw is going to be the best rally yet8)

`

I will not judge.....but, I will be the tie breaker ....:eek:....should one be needed !

Judges this year for the Raptor Rally Show & Shine will be Scott from Direct Drive, Paul from MonsterQuad, Mike and Bob from D7 Racing, and my good friends and fellow riders Tony Fry and Chris Tribe.

Never has been assembled a finer or wiser group with high integrity and strong morals.......However, I`ll hold on to the prize money....Lol !

IT`S RALLY TIME !.....PARTY ON !.....:beer:

~ Sandaddy 8)

`

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bump for the Rally....which is just 10 days from today !

~ Sandaddy 8)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts