Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta see the Raptor that Golden West Cycles has thats set up for quad MX, awesome set up for sure :grin_nod:. Page 50, awesome lookin quad to say the least. 12.5:1 compression, MX spec cam, 18" rears, 15t front sprocket, GWC filter adaptor, GYTR exhaust, GWC programmer.....this thing has the power goods. Laeger front suspension with Elkas and Elka/GWC swingarm, Excalibur axle rear 8)
GOTTA SEE THIS THING :crazy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
now thats nice

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Nice! Does those front shocks have two rezi? Did you notice that it is part blue and part white, now that is a fast Raptor.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
weird.....I have not got mine yet??? When did everyone else get this issue.....that subscribes?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
finally got it.....nice quad. With those mods I would assume it has around 55hp and about 50ftlbs. The cam and high comp make a good jump in power......but one thing that would really tie them together is porting. I dont know why they didnt do a PP.
With just the 3 mods, most 700's are right about 50hp, and 48ftlbs of tq.

I liked the race cut fenders!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the DASA MX grind cam from gwc today. It was high and i probably could have gotten it cheaper from DASA but GWC takes discover if you know what I mean. It was $212 shipped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When I recieve it I will list them and you guys can plan your purchase accordingly. I want a 12.5:1 piston but I am not breaking my engine down until it needs it. BTW I alredy have 210 hrs. on my hr meter that i installed about 2 weeks after I got my bike. Alot of those hrs are racing and alot more are practicing for racing. Absolutly no problems. This motor is tuff. I think yamaha got it right with this raptor.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of a matter of fact I tore the top end down on mine today will say that they built it bullet proof :thumbsup:. Only complaint so far is it looks like torque to yield bolts :(. gonna have to buy new ones if they are. The head and jug are deffinately not going anywere with all the bolts it has holding it together 8)

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
135boom said:
finally got it.....nice quad. With those mods I would assume it has around 55hp and about 50ftlbs. The cam and high comp make a good jump in power......but one thing that would really tie them together is porting. I dont know why they didnt do a PP.
With just the 3 mods, most 700's are right about 50hp, and 48ftlbs of tq.

I liked the race cut fenders!
No doubt, I got my head apart today gettin ready to port it and its got lots of room for improvement in some areas and some areas need nothing at all. If I was them I would have at least done some bowl work :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts