Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to pick up some 108 octane to try out. Is there a way to boost the 93 octane to 100+. I know they make the NOS in a bottle and all them type things but what would be the mix ratio. One bottle treats like 15-20 gals or close to it but im just wanting to treat 5 gals or so... i may not do it, may just wait to get 108-105 at the store place. any info would be appreciated. nick

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
you could just break it down. the NOS in a bottle stuff i mean. figure out how many ouces you need per gallon and then add it to it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man...your wasting your money. Why do you think the book says use reg unleaded? The stock compression does not need 108...try 87 octane. Do a search and stop wasting your money and having less performance!

M

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Mpeavler said:
Man...your wasting your money. Why do you think the book says use reg unleaded? The stock compression does not need 108...try 87 octane. Do a search and stop wasting your money and having less performance!

M
I don't think thats what it said on the lid to my air box, but I could just be confusing it.

Michael

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Sweden and most of Europe I think, the lowest rating is 95 octane. We also got 98 and V-power that is 99 I think. Will that affect for example a power commander map that is tested with your 87 or 93 octane?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The bike requires 86 [(R+M)/2] here in the USA or 91 "RON" in Europe and other countries. We don't have 86 here...so the next step is 87 octane of which we do carry. Running extra affects 2 things..

a. Your wallet
b. Hp

M

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
can someone explain about how the minimum octane is better for a small engine? i know with the v8s i've had in the past the higher the octane the better the performance and fuel mileage. all the v8s i've had in the past after all ive done to them they would knock like crazy with anything under 93 oct. i know the raptor isn't a v8 but i'd like the explaination please. thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The stock compression does not require a high octane, period. 87 is just fine. Anything higher then that is just pissing your money away.

Now, if you did some internal work (11:1 compression piston etc), or added nitrous, or a turbo, then yes, you would need a higher octane rating.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
9.2 will run on just about anything like 87, 10.2 I run 93 and 11:1 or more run 100. I ran 93 in mine from the getgo so Im just that way, I buy 93 for everything Ive got down to the push mower.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VelociRaptor said:
9.2 will run on just about anything like 87, 10.2 I run 93 and 11:1 or more run 100. I ran 93 in mine from the getgo so Im just that way, I buy 93 for everything Ive got down to the push mower.
see that is the way i am.. but if i am loosing power then i will change. I just use a better grade of gas for everything but i do want the most out of my quad so if that means running 87 then i will do so but if it dont make a difference then ill keep it the same.. thanks for the comments thus far.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Same way here, always have put the 93 in my motors other than my cars. Do it more for a piece of mind than anything else but hey I also only run chevron because of techron(probably no different than any other gas but what the hell).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts