Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As luck would have it, with riding season around the corner, I need a new battery. I have been looking around the past hour or so and seems that the Grizzly HD battery is the way to go. Yet, I am a fan of dry cell batteries and looking around some of you are too. However, I have only found one person run the PC625 battery. From the deminsions they say, seems like it would fit in the battery compartment rather easily. May have to make a new battery hold down. Reason for asking about the PC625 over the PC535 and PC545 is the PC625 is $40 cheaper. So what do you guys think, have to say? PC625?

PS, I run 55watt HID's in the factory housing. As well as two 8" 50 watt HID's.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
As luck would have it, with riding season around the corner, I need a new battery. I have been looking around the past hour or so and seems that the Grizzly HD battery is the way to go. Yet, I am a fan of dry cell batteries and looking around some of you are too. However, I have only found one person run the PC625 battery. From the dimensions they say, seems like it would fit in the battery compartment rather easily. May have to make a new battery hold down. Reason for asking about the PC625 over the PC535 and PC545 is the PC625 is $40 cheaper. So what do you guys think, have to say? PC625?

PS, I run 55watt HID in the factory housing. As well as two 8" 50 watt HID's.
Batteries have nothing to do with the accessories you drive, its main concern is starting the engine, if you over power your charging system with accessories, then your battery will pick up the load but eventually will run out............

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
And possibly burn up the stator from over loading it. I ran a pc535 when I ran one.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Batteries have nothing to do with the accessories you drive, its main concern is starting the engine, if you over power your charging system with accessories, then your battery will pick up the load but eventually will run out............
Correct, factory system can handle 225 watts of power, I am at 210 watts of power. Safe and within what the factory system can handle. Just seeing if anyone has ran the PC625, as the deminsions they provide says it will fit in the factory location. My only worry is it may be too much, yet I should pop the starter relay fuse before burning something up...............

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
210 Watts at 12V is 17.5 Amps... the regulator is outside the fuse - fuse is just from battery to the +12 bus, so in order to blow it, you would need to be drawing something like all 225 Watts from the regulator and then an additional 240 from the battery thru the fuse.

Bottom line - if the battery is sufficient to start the bike, and the accessories are not overloading the charging system, then ANY battery is just fine.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
210 Watts at 12V is 17.5 Amps... the regulator is outside the fuse - fuse is just from battery to the +12 bus, so in order to blow it, you would need to be drawing something like all 225 Watts from the regulator and then an additional 240 from the battery thru the fuse.

Bottom line - if the battery is sufficient to start the bike, and the accessories are not overloading the charging system, then ANY battery is just fine.
Thank you sir, PC625 is ordered and on the way.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PC625 fits just fine in the battery compartment and works. You can not run the factory battery bar, so made one up. Same basic design and flow, just not as deep is all. I am happy, quad has finally started after a long 2 month of ordering parts and finding the time to make it all come together.

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Congrats! Now have some fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts