Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was perfect, my 03' was sitting idling and all of a sudden it shut off. ...and you guessed it, now it won't start! I get no lights, no nothing. Its like the battery was taken out! I tried jumping it... Nothing. I took apart the start switch looking for a loose wire and couldn't find anything. Could maybe the key switch went bad? I need help! Maybe a ground?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Everything was perfect, my 03' was sitting idling and all of a sudden it shut off. ...and you guessed it, now it won't start! I get no lights, no nothing. Its like the battery was taken out! I tried jumping it... Nothing. I took apart the start switch looking for a loose wire and couldn't find anything. Could maybe the key switch went bad? I need help! Maybe a ground?
Check the fuse at the starter relay behind the battery.............

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
That fuse (20a) was blown, so I replaced it but all I had was a 30 amp. Does that matter?

The battery terminals are good. KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!!! thanks a billion!
That fuse blew for a reason. Get a 20amp as soon as you can. You dont want to fry your harness or worse. If it blows again, you have a short somewhere.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That fuse (20a) was blown, so I replaced it but all I had was a 30 amp. Does that matter?

The battery terminals are good. KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!!!! thanks a billion!
So what happens when you put the 30 amp fuse in.............

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
He musta went riding and it blew again and ain't out the woods yet.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Just joking hope he got it fix right I'm down here in Texas snowed in can't work so I'm dieing this month there goes finishing paying for new head and Josh's shock special. Been here 3 days they got all snow plows in Dallas for the fucking super bowl.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Still can't get it started.... Change the fuse back, checked for a bad ground, only thing I can figure is the main power switch went bad. Make sence? I get no lights, no nothing so that's all I can think.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Still can't get it started....
Be more specific - does the starter turn, now that you've replaced the fuse? What are the symptoms now?

Have you checked for spark?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yep, more info please...Quadmaniac is real good with electrical, so listen to him, & Willy is .... well he is unique:) so listen to him aswell..
Good luck..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Absolutely nothing. No changes, I get no headlights, no brake light. Like I said earlier it's like there is no power at all. You push the start button and nothing happens, it's completely dead. The battery is good, all grounds are checked, that fuse is good. What next?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i had similar problem and it ended up being wiring connection problem in 1 of the harnesses behind the grill next to the radiator

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
1) be sure new fuse is still good - it may have blown when you put it in or turned the key switch on

2) do you have and know how to use a voltmeter? Follow the red wire from the top of the solenoid (it should have 12V here) to the key switch (12V here too). Then turn key on and measure brown wire that comes out of key switch for 12V... my bet is 12V is going to stop somewhere along this path. Where it disappears will tell you the problem.

Let us know where you DON'T see 12V anymore.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts