Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wondering if you can help me..I bought my first quad 2005 raptor 660 and want to do a oil change just wondering how much oil they take in liters..if they even take a liter and when is the best time to check as some times there is very little on the dip stick and sometimes it's at the full Mark ???
Thanks Matthew

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
THere is neither an oil nor a service light on the 660 - there are neutral, reverse and over temperature.

The temp light comes on while the start button is pressed, as a bulb check. Neutral and reverse lights come on when in neutral and reverse, obviously.

RE topping off the oil - run engine till hot, turn off. Wait a minute or two, then check dipstick, fill to top of cross hatch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi quad maniac on the gaueges or clocks what ever you want to call them...there is a little picture of a spanner and a picture of a oil can flashing on and off...
But thanks for the advice for checking my oil...do they use a little bit of oil after a while..?
Cheers Mat

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hi quad maniac on the gaueges or clocks what ever you want to call them...there is a little picture of a spanner and a picture of a oil can flashing on and off...
But thanks for the advice for checking my oil...do they use a little bit of oil after a while..?
Cheers Mat
Do you have aftermarket guages on this bike..............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Cheers Mat
From your use of the word 'spanner', I assume you are either in Britain or Australia. Your signature does not tell us, so we assume you're in the US unless we're told otherwise.

All United States 660's have three 'idiot lights' - for neutral, reverse, and over temperature, and nothing else. Either your quad has aftermarket lights/gauges/sensors, or Yamaha delivered to your part of the world with different lights/guages/sensors from those sold here. A picture of your's would be cool so we could see what we're missing out on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts