Raptor Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok first oil change completed with no issues - except the huge friggin mess on the floor! What's the trick to draining the oil tank without having the EPA show up at the edge of my driveway with ticket book in hand?

I wanted the crankcase and oil reservoir open at the same time to get everything out.

I folded a paper plate into a taco and sort of routed the flow down into my catch pan. But what a mess. Who was the engineer in charge of this design anyway...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok first oil change completed with no issues - except the huge friggin mess on the floor! What's the trick to draining the oil tank without having the EPA show up at the edge of my driveway with ticket book in hand?

I wanted the crankcase and oil reservoir open at the same time to get everything out.

I folded a paper plate into a taco and sort of routed the flow down into my catch pan. But what a mess. Who was the engineer in charge of this design anyway...
i have a GYTR skid plate on my quad and when i drained the oil reservoir i forgot the drain holes dont exist on this plate like the oem plastic one. i was too late to grab the funnel to re-route the flow and i had oil dripping all over the place... haha. once i was finished i had to hose everything down to get it to stop dripping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Next time I will be more wary of how to catch the mess. I can change the oil in our Wolverine 450 without spilling a drop. The filter is another story...

I had to buy a special extended funnel just to fill the damn 660 though. Luckily my skid plate came off very easily and a few beers later into the oil change I even remembered to put it back on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Next time I will be more wary of how to catch the mess. I can change the oil in our Wolverine 450 without spilling a drop. The filter is another story...

I had to buy a special extended funnel just to fill the damn 660 though. Luckily my skid plate came off very easily and a few beers later into the oil change I even remembered to put it back on!
after the big mess i found that a funnel worked great to direct the flow. sucks it was "after the mess" lol. luckily i have a ton of different sized funnels ive collected from doing tuneups and general maintenance on my buddies cars. i found a that trans funnel works great to fill the reservoir easily.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts