Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of putting my 04 raptor 660 together with a full top end rebuild and a new clutch , when removing the crankcase cover gasket I put a cut in the small circular seal for what I believe is the oil check valve on the right crankcase , will this cause problems like “the engine will not allow oil to stay in the reservoir” as I’ve seen many in here complaining they cannot get oil to stay in there reservoir it just fills the tranny until it’s blows off !! How would you change this seal in general or would this mean a new case ?? also i have went thru to blow out all lines/filters with compressed air/solvent and added a new oil pump ,this is the last base I’ve need to touch in my journey ! Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Only a certain amount of oil will stay in the oil tank too, as some of it will drain back into the engine case once the engine is off.
You can't just check the oil tank dipstick cold, as the oil level will read low.
And if you get the engine warm, shut it off, and immediately check the oil, it will overflow from the tank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only a certain amount of oil will stay in the oil tank too, as some of it will drain back into the engine case once the engine is off.
You can't just check the oil tank dipstick cold, as the oil level will read low.
And if you get the engine warm, shut it off, and immediately check the oil, it will overflow from the tank.
[/QUOT so the right procedure to fix the gasket is??? I can’t even find it on the diagram for the case

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s the problem I can’t seem to find it on the diagram to replace even from partzilla

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Is it made into the clutch cover gasket, or actually seperate?
And is it a seal, or just an o-ring?
It's been a few years since I've had a 660 engine apart.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it made into the clutch cover gasket, or actually seperate?
And is it a seal, or just an o-ring?
It's been a few years since I've had a 660 engine apart.
It is seperate , I haven’t yet tried to pull it out but the little spring mechanism behind it is the actual valve part holding a metal ball and even those parts aren’t on the diagram

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
That’s the problem I can’t seem to find it on the diagram to replace even from partzilla
Hey bro, check the oil pump section. #24, 25, 26

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577
1 - 12 of 12 Posts