Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched through 100's of topics.... recently fried my gyrt clutch, I've tried every adjustment possible and just dont see how it went out so quickly. Should I go ahead and put the billet basket in? What shoudl I go ahead and install now to save myself troulbe in the future or will teh stock basket be ok? Any trans. guru got any ideas?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm by no means a guru, but everything I've heard suggests the stock basket is junk (the fingers are weak), especially with a built 660. You can get a Wiseco on Eshmay for $160ish and a GYTR which is made by Hinson for $163.16 at: http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages.../1/1/98/2673/0/gytr-billet-clutch-basket.aspx

Definitely a suggested upgrade by most you will talk to.

Maddog56 said:
Running a pretty aggressive stock bore build on all oem clutch components and a GYTR plate and spring kit. Clutch has held up through two recreational seasons and a race season.

With OEM springs and plates, I busted the plates as soon as I installed a piston and cam.

If you do start replacing internals, start with the basket. And yes, GYTR is made by hinson.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.