Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I may seem dumb to ask this question, one quart of oil goes in the engine oil tank up front, and the other quart goes in the engine oil crankcase filler by the oil filter??? Also how do you install a rivet with a washer, its my first time, thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
Hello guys I may seem dumb to ask this question, one quart of oil goes in the engine oil tank up front, and the other quart goes in the engine oil crankcase filler by the oil filter??? Also how do you install a rivet with a washer, its my first time, thank you for your help.
No dumb questions here, just people wanting to learn.

Correct on the oil, 1 quart in the tank, one quart in the motor. Doesn't have to be exact, but in the ball park. And, it's not recommended to use Yamalube oil. Rotella T4 and T6 from Walmart is only $25-$30 a gallon. Does 2 oil changes. Every other time, or more, check and clean the screen in the bottom of the oil tank fitting.

Put the rivets thru your labels, then on the underside of the fender, install the washer on the rivet. Push the rivet tight with the rivet tool, hold the washer tight underneath, and operate the rivet tool. Some times it will take 3 hands, so get a helper.

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dumb questions here, just people wanting to learn.

Correct on the oil, 1 quart in the tank, one quart in the motor. Doesn't have to be exact, but in the ball park. And, it's not recommended to use Yamalube oil. Rotella T4 and T6 from Walmart is only $25-$30 a gallon. Does 2 oil changes. Every other time, or more, check and clean the screen in the bottom of the oil tank fitting.

Put the rivets thru your labels, then on the underside of the fender, install the washer on the rivet. Push the rivet tight with the rivet tool, hold the washer tight underneath, and operate the rivet tool. Some times it will take 3 hands, so get a helper.
Thank you for your advise , it is always helpful and right on .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your advise , it is always helpful and right on .
Rotella T6 15W-40 Full Synthetic , is that better then the T4 regular?? I always used full synthetic, this time around I ordered maxima semi- synthetic from E-Bay it was a oil change kit, it brings 2 quarts, the oil filter and a spark plug, next time I will just order the filter because the plug I can get it at a local Auto Parts, thank you.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have been using T 4 for years in all my bikes and ATVs with no issues. I have 246 hrs on my MX bike crankshaft/bearings and Rekluse clutch. I measure the Rekluse pressure plate every 30 hrs and it has stayed in spec. I change oil often in my offroad toys.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
If you like synthetic, then use the T-6, It's not that much more then T-4. But, the T-4 is good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts