Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as it says I have gas in my oil. After an hour and a half ride the tank was bone dry. Found where it went - the oil tank. Could this be the PCIII causing this problem that some of us are seeming to have. Maybe the Accelerator pump feature or PCIII ruining the injector. Please help me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In my opinion if the injector was spraying so much fuel it drained your tank in 11/2 hour the motor would not even run. Pull the spark plug and push the start button .If the injector is spraying to much fuel it will be running down the side of the motor. If the injectors not spraying to much fuel it will just blow a mist out the spark plug hole .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine did this too but i think only because i let it sit for a long time with out riding. I changed the oil before i even started the motor so u might have hurt the motor in some way.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I cant believe that much fuel went from the tank in to the oil threw the injector. You would have felt a problem with the bike. This is the same thing that has happend to several different people. Everyone is thinking its the injector. Do our bike have some kind of emissions vent or something connecting fuel tank vents to crankcase vents? Were the gas could have went threw the gas tank vent down into the crank case? I still cant believe it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
no idea wtf is up with that, but if that much fuel dumped down the cylinder wall, id be keeping an eye out for blue smoke. tell tale sign of ring damage. :unsure:

·
Registered
305 Posts
SE700r said:
no idea wtf is up with that, but if that much fuel dumped down the cylinder wall, id be keeping an eye out for blue smoke. tell tale sign of ring damage. :unsure:
I just checked threw the service manual and i didnt see any sign of the vents connecting together. Looks by the manual stand point there no other way to get oil and gas to mix but threw the rings.

It would have to run bad, smell really rich when running. And even then. Thats a ton of un burnt gas getting by. Some things up and its not only your bike. I think i rem, around 2-3 others saying the same thing. Gas in oil. How much over full was the oil level?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should I take it to the dealer or fix it myself. It is 4 months old but I have modded it. Pipe, PCIII, intake...... :confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
No sure how the dealer will react. Some dealers might be ok with it. Other will probley say warr. void without even looking at it. If it was me i would remove the mods and put it back to stock before i took it in. It wouldn't take me long to do it and I would rather be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Dr, have you left the key on when not riding? In order to get fuel out of the tank there must be power. if the key was left on when not riding, maybe the injector was filling the cylinder then and it would leak by the rings??? :3question: Just a thought! Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
onelunglow said:
Dr, have you left the key on when not riding? In order to get fuel out of the tank there must be power. if the key was left on when not riding, maybe the injector was filling the cylinder then and it would leak by the rings??? :3question: Just a thought! Good luck :thumbsup:
Its not suposed to do that but if the injector was bad it might. If the cylinder was filling with fuel slowly, most of it would pass the rings right away. But i still think there would be alot in the cylinder and it would have a hard time starting. (flooded) I would also think you would get a puff of smoke and rich smell after or during the hard starting. Any signs of this?

·
Registered
314 Posts
i duno, id probably take it in just to get the low down on whats going on, even if you chose to fix it yourself, at least they might be able to tell you whats going on for sure.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ya Rich, bring it in and at least see what they say. My local dealership said the 3 mods wont void warranty but never tested their honesty on that statement cause we all know the dealers lie to get a sale.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
integlikewhoa said:
onelunglow said:
Its not suposed to do that but if the injector was bad it might. If the cylinder was filling with fuel slowly, most of it would pass the rings right away. But i still think there would be alot in the cylinder and it would have a hard time starting. (flooded) I would also think you would get a puff of smoke and rich smell after or during the hard starting. Any signs of this?

Smells like fuel bad and there is a good amount of fuel in the oil. My dealer just told me he will warrant it. So I am going to try taking it in and see what happens.

·
Registered
305 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
integlikewhoa said:
onelunglow said:

Smells like fuel bad and there is a good amount of fuel in the oil. My dealer just told me he will warrant it. So I am going to try taking it in and see what happens.
Good let us know what happens.

·
Registered
314 Posts
defiantely please let us know, im very curious as are many others im sure.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
OK I think im having the same problem. I was thinking about.... This didnt happen till after i put my PCIII on. I have the accel pump installed on my PCIII (80-20-20). Could that be the problem???? The accel pump is dumping TOOO much fuel in. Humm maybe somebody should look into this. Im not to smart in that area so maybe somebody who is. LOL

OH To the people who are having this problem: Do you have a PCIII with the Accel pump installed. thanks WOODY

·
Registered
314 Posts
W69DY said:
OK I think im having the same problem. I was thinking about.... This didnt happen till after i put my PCIII on. I have the accel pump installed on my PCIII (80-20-20). Could that be the problem???? The accel pump is dumping TOOO much fuel in. Humm maybe somebody should look into this. Im not to smart in that area so maybe somebody who is. LOL

OH To the people who are having this problem: Do you have a PCIII with the Accel pump installed. thanks WOODY
from what ive been reading it seems like most all who have had problems have had either dobek or PCIII installed. i tell you what its got me rethinking doing any mods at all..
and to think i was about to drop a cool $1200 today, glad i decided to spend a few hours killing time reading over all of these posts before i did, we shall see what becomes of this before I do anything further at least.. :(

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the dealer said they could not handle it until Friday so being impatient as hell I changed the oil. 3 times. Each time ran it a little and then drained both the case and the resevoir. On the third time I put in a new filter and then ran it up and down the road a couple of times. Hopefully this was a freak thing but I am gonna try and run it Friday and or saturday to see if it does it again. If so I am bringing it to the deaaler on Saturday or monday. I would like the dealer to check the compression and adjust the valves anyhow (for the initial time).

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts