Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came into the garage today after riding and oil dripping from the back of me skid plate have not removed skid plate, but looks wet where the netuarl and reverse wires go, I hope nothing to serious, will keep posted.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Leaking output shaft seal, or either of the two switches could be leaking........

·
Registered
16 Posts
It could be the output shaft seal, there is also an o ring that gave me hell and was my problem. I went through 3 seals to discover that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wil check all, but the only new thing I did was put a oneway bearing and gear in, not sureif the gassket could be leaking that bad, and the chain has not come off, thanks for the advice on the areas to check

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
I wil check all, but the only new thing I did was put a oneway bearing and gear in, not sureif the gassket could be leaking that bad, and the chain has not come off, thanks for the advice on the areas to check
Most likely the side cover gasket, then.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the cover back off and found two tears in the gasket, I just used the yamaha bond stuff in a tube and went ahead and did a oil change this time also. I will let you know if it stops leaking.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the side cover back on and no oil leaks there, now I have one around my counter shaft seal, bummer!!!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Got the side cover back on and no oil leaks there, now I have one around my counter shaft seal, bummer!!!!
You mean your out put shaft seal is leaking since the countershaft is internal and you wouldnt be able to see it or even worry about it...............

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean your out put shaft seal is leaking since the countershaft is internal and you wouldnt be able to see it or even worry about it...............
yes, anything special to do to change this? I am going to try on Wednesday!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took the collar off today, so should I replace that too, when I do the seal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts