Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello raptor community. I have a 2007 raptor 700 I just bought it a few weeks ago and I noticed a oil leak from the front sprocket area. Did a little research and changed the seals on the countershaft. Seal is flush with case coller is fitted properly o ring in place put it all back together and it's still leaking some how. I have cleaned the case very thoroughly to look for cracks and such.. no cracks at all. But still a pool of oil on my skid plate after a ride.. it only leaks when it's in motion.. please help. I just bought a second seal kit maybe I got a faulty seal but highly doubtfull..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Is the sprocket guard broken, or any damage to the case from where the chain could have previously came off?
Were there any grooves or rub marks on the countershaft?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didn't see any Knicks or anything on the counter shaft. It does look like the chain has come off in the past but the sprocket guard is not broken. It looks like the guy has done some serious chain protection mods tho there's a aftermarket chain guard as well as the case guard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the sprocket guard broken, or any damage to the case from where the chain could have previously came off?
Were there any grooves or rub marks on the countershaft?
Also I used break cleaner and cleaned up the entire area where the oil is and I've done this countless times and kept looking over the case to see if there was a crack. But there isn't a crack anywhere near where the oil is coming from I thought maybe it was coming from shift lever but there's no way that oil would soak the chain and cause it to spray everywhere. So it has to be coming from behind the sprocket.. I was also very worried that maybe the countershaft was bent so I rolled the bike to see if there was a wobble or some sort of slack and tension play on the chain and it seem completely fine..

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
If the shift shaft seal is leaking, the moving chain will blow the oil around, double check it's not leaking there.
If not, remove the front sprocket, put it in gear running, you should at least see the leak then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I apologize for the potato quality I'm taking screen shots of a video.. but those two wires coming out of the case would they leak by any chance??? I'll definitely try it with just the sprocket. I did take the chain off and put it in gear and ran it but it looked like oil was dripping off one of those wires. If that makes sense

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the shift shaft seal is leaking, the moving chain will blow the oil around, double check it's not leaking there.
If not, remove the front sprocket, put it in gear running, you should at least see the leak then.
Ok so if I take the sprocket off put it in gear... oh shit eh I guess the coller would hold everything in place.. shit I'll give that a try thanks man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts