Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, replaced gears in tranny and got it all back together. Runs like a champ with only 1 issue. The upper oil line bolt will not tighten enough to seal. It looks like it stripped the first 4-5threads in the hole. Are there any quick fixes? Can i get a longer oil line bolt? Will it leak if i remove the copper washers? I hate to have to buy a new valve top

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ok, replaced gears in tranny and got it all back together. Runs like a champ with only 1 issue. The upper oil line bolt will not tighten enough to seal. It looks like it stripped the first 4-5threads in the hole. Are there any quick fixes? Can i get a longer oil line bolt? Will it leak if i remove the copper washers? I hate to have to buy a new valve top
There are longer banjo bolts available from another style engine. As far as a valve cover, it is part of the head assembly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks willykiller. I was just looking at cheap cycle parts.com and they show the upper and lower banjo bolts being the same part#. My upper bolt is shorter than the lower bolt. The lower bolt has 2 holes in the side of it and the upper only has one. Does it matter or do you have any suggestions on how to seal it up? It must have been stripped by previous owner because i was using the torque wrench and tightening everything according to manual. Are the copper washers a must or would some yamabond work?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Thanks willykiller. I was just looking at cheap cycle parts.com and they show the upper and lower banjo bolts being the same part#. My upper bolt is shorter than the lower bolt. The lower bolt has 2 holes in the side of it and the upper only has one. Does it matter or do you have any suggestions on how to seal it up? It must have been stripped by previous owner because i was using the torque wrench and tightening everything according to manual. Are the copper washers a must or would some yamabond work?
Copper washers are a must, something must seal the imperfections of the fit............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts