Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tore into the 660 today to replace the oil pump and found the pump had a piece of steel in it and the gears have been stripped on the pump gear and also the gear on the back of the clutch basket....is the gear on the clutch basket replaceable or do i need to find a new clutch basket to get this thing running...if so does anyone on here have a stock clutch basket that they are willing to part with at a reasonable price plus shipping.....let me know guys i want to get this thing runnin again so i can ride...lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
As far as I recall, the gear is part and parcel with the basket, unfortunately. I seem to recall hearing about someone who drilled out the rivets on two baskets - one with a bad gear, one with a broken basket finger, and swapping gears... but I don't recall hearing whether it worked long term or not.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
As far as I recall, the gear is part and parcel with the basket, unfortunately. I seem to recall hearing about someone who drilled out the rivets on two baskets - one with a bad gear, one with a broken basket finger, and swapping gears... but I don't recall hearing whether it worked long term or not.
This is the only way you can get a gear unless you want to buy a complete new clutch basket from Yamaha OEM, buy a used basket and remove the gear...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts