Raptor Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
244 Posts
It's bone stock. The only thing here in Europe Is that to make the quads street legal they apply to It some sort of "modification" to make them 14hp and limited to 80kmh. Basically they take a stock raptor and put on It an ECU locked to 80kmh(45mph), a spark arrestor waaaay more blocked, basically Is totally blocked and the exhaust's gas can go out only through an hole of 2 inches of diameter and they put a non unscrewable srew in the throttle. I removed all these mods with the original ECU and spark arrestor and breaking the screw, so the gas Is 100 percent now, the only thing Is the muffler, they filled It with something and I don't know how much they filled it, but I will change It with a slip on very soon.
Wow, they sure don't want you to have any fun over there do they...

· Registered
2,259 Posts
Sounds like your tuning is probably way on the rich side if you have a stock map and an exhaust that is much more restricted than the factory one. But your spark plug color should show this

I’m also curious what they use as a “unscrewable screw”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Any damage in the piston rings will leak a substantial amount of fuel into the oil pan, making oil smells like gas. You can do a leak down test or a compression test to detect if there is any problem with the rings. The rings don't get damaged so easily, but when they do, the repair is difficult.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Sounds like your tuning is probably way on the rich side if you have a stock map and an exhaust that is much more restricted than the factory one. But your spark plug color should show this

I’m also curious what they use as a “unscrewable screw”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's hard to describe. See where the throttle body and the idle screw are? Right there is another screw that mechanically blocked the throttle, and it's basically part of the throttle body, so it's not screwable. Today I will send a photo of the spark plug.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Any damage in the piston rings will leak a substantial amount of fuel into the oil pan, making oil smells like gas. You can do a leak down test or a compression test to detect if there is any problem with the rings. The rings don't get damaged so easily, but when they do, the repair is difficult.
Ye I'm going to do a compression test to be sure.
Wow, they sure don't want you to have any fun over there do they...
It's because we can drive quads at the age of 16, Remember here to drive the car we need 18 years, and you can drive only 60hps cars until 19-20 years. In Europe for that age you can't drive more than a 125cc 15hp motorcycle, so to make legal quads they lock them to 15hp, but you can drive whatever quad from 125 to 1000cc, that's the advantage. However they won't know if the quad Is locked or not ;).

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Gas Household hardware Auto part Metal Titanium

Spark plug Gas Plumbing Auto part Nozzle

That's the picture of the spark plug guys, more precisely, this is the break in spurk plug so it has only 9 hours abd 240 miles. You can see also that where the spark plug cap goes is bend, don't know why.

· Registered
62 Posts
Oil will almost always have a fuel smell to it. The engine runs rich when cold so don't rev it until it's warmed up for a few mins. Also, if you park it for the winter, put a battery charger on it instead of randomly starting it to charge the battery. Randomly starting it for a few mins doesn't allow the oil to get hot enough to flash off fuel and moisture. I did a test the other day when it was 28 degrees out. It took 48 minutes of idling for my oil to reach 175 degrees, which is still to cold to flash off fuel and moisture in the oil.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So guys oil changed and it was definitely overfilled, they put 3qt of oil. The machine runs smooth and the smell I think it's kinda normal because if it was the injector the quad wouldn't run great. I tried to go full gas and it's really reactive. The only thing I'm worried for the overfilled oil. Did it cause any damage? Today I'm going to call my dealer and I don't think I will stay calm.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll explain why I'm asking this. When I tried the quad after the oil change I went for a ride and I'm used to break with the engine brake a lot, but I downshifted form third to second when I was about 30mph and the tyres locked a little and the engine went up, and I'm worried I went over the rpm limiter. Is it possible?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
I'll explain why I'm asking this. When I tried the quad after the oil change I went for a ride and I'm used to break with the engine brake a lot, but I downshifted form third to second when I was about 30mph and the tyres locked a little and the engine went up, and I'm worried I went over the rpm limiter. Is it possible?
No, the limiter is there for a reason, to Limit how high the rpms can go, you can't just magically break it.
If you downshift Any 4wheeler/motorcycle at high rpms that doesn't have a slipper clutch, then the rear tires will spin or slide.
Holding Any engine on the rev limit is bad for several reasons, but a high rpm downshift isn't going to kill it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts