Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't see a washer in the part schematic like I do with the case drain crush washer, (214-11198-01) and I didn't get one off the drain bolt. Drain bolt was tight AF and had never been removed before.

It looks like there is one stuck to the bottom of the tank, just a hair off center, but I can't pop it off of there, even with a pick. It is non-magnetic, so it's either part of the tank or an aluminum washer. Thoughts?
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design Grey
Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Crankset Bicycle tire

P.S.: I only saw one reference here to it, and 1 decent YT video on the topic, but since the service manual doesn't seem to cover it in detail, I wanted to mention/ confirm that approximately 0.6 qts. goes into the case and approximately 1.4 qts. goes into the tank w/ filter change?

At approx. 10 hours, probably 3 tanks of gas, the oil color was still pretty decent and the filter didn't have as many metal particles as I expected, though there was quite a bit of assembly grease which had captured a few good sized chunks.

Pro tip, step down your 21mm to 1/4 drive so as to not strip the case. Is there a proper orientation to the crush washer though? I THINK mine was smooth/wide side toward case and more tapered side toward bolt head.

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
It’s an aluminum washer. Cuervo racing has a threaded insert that reduces the case drain down to an m8 bolt, way way less likely to strip it.
I always go 1qt in clutch cover, 1qt in tank.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts