Raptor Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
put full coverage on it, and go have fun :) this may have been mentioned before....but ill ask it since i havent read the whole thread. how did the plastic gears look on the oil pump on on back of the clutch basket?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the gears on the oil pump and water pump are brand new from yamaha, the one on the basked was in perfect condition when i put it back together, i rechecked them all last night and they are still perfect. i dont know what i did wrong, if i f'd this up im worried to drive my truck, that motor might explode too. damnit i suck

u wanna buy a raptor, it runs great. really fresh motor, no problems :thumbsup:, just kiddin

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
if its a chevy truck.....i wouldnt take the chance. anything else you shouldnt have a problem with :grin_nod:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Ofive6sixty said:
:banghead: well, idont know what to do now. last night i pulled off the clutch cover, checked everything, blew out any oil passages with air, cleaned and checked the check ball on the clutch cover, put everything back together, didnt get a chance to finish filling the oil and test it because it was 11:30 at night and the sparks is a little loud. so after work today i finished filling the oil. i put in 3 1/3 pints bell ray, ran it for a little bit (considering im breaking it in and didnt really get on it at all), checked it after 10 minutes and there wasnt anything coming out of the breather, rode it for 15 more minutes, pulled into the garage, there was oil commin outa the breather and the tank was empty, now im pissed because i thought i had it fixed, and it isnt :wtf:.... so then the heavy drinking began again.. i ended up pullin the top ( feed line ) off the tank and started it up, after 2 seconds at idle a stream ] [ that wide was trickling from the line, when i revved it it flowed more, at like 1/3 throttle it flowed no more that a stream like ] [ wide, now im lost, what the hell should i do next. are there any other things to check before i pull my new motor ( just put it in the frame last week ) out and tear the cases back apart, or is that the only option. at this point in the game i outa just cut my losses and part the damn thing out and try to recoup some $$$ but i dont know. maybe ill go with a 4 mil stroker so its atlease worth my time... or ill just be a reall dumbass and beat it till it pops, that way i can mentally justify pullin it all down again, so the pro's out there, what the hell should i do. ??? :help: ??? :help:
you say 3 and 1/3 pints should it not be quarts, I would take her all apart and recheck everything rather then beat your head.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Shift_This said:
if its a chevy truck.....i wouldnt take the chance. anything else you shouldnt have a problem with :grin_nod:
yes it is a chevy, the only vehicel that ive owned that has never given me any shit.. unlike my raptor.

willykiller.. ive got a ov ersized tank, a big ass one at that. sorry, my mistake, i meant liters. bell ray comes in liters, if im not mistaken a liter ( according to the bottle) is 1.056 quarts. stock it holds ( not being 100% accurate ) like 2 1/2 quarts, if i have a tank that holds more than 1 quart more than stock, that should put me at between 3 1/2 to 4 quarts, or liters. if im wrong on my math let me know.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yeah, probably. oh well. i guess i tear her down again and see where i went wrong. i might as well get a different chank and a clutch basket and tuff while im in there. does anyone make a stroker crank smaller than a 4 mil. im not sure if i wanna go all the way to a 720, the cylinder is a fresh 1 mil overbore with a 11:1 wiseco, ported head, kibblewhite valves and springs and a stage 2 hot cams. if i do go with a 4 mil crank what kinda power am i lookin at, without puttin fcr's on it. will it make all around power or just top end. i kinda would like all around power, maybe a little more on the bottom. if not a stroker who makes the best HD crank setup. thanks alot

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am having the same exact problem as you. i put a new oil tank on my 727 (since my original tanks was thrashed) and if it sits for a while all the oil from the tank goes into the motor. i have nor F*[email protected] idea what is causing it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
344PV said:
i am having the same exact problem as you. i put a new oil tank on my 727 (since my original tanks was thrashed) and if it sits for a while all the oil from the tank goes into the motor. i have nor F*[email protected] idea what is causing it.
If it ends up in the motor, how long does it take to drain into the engine, the oil that is in the tank is pumped by the engine pump throughout the engine, the scavenger puts it into the tank.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
And how long does it ake to fill the tank back to normal, normal procedure is to allow the bike to warm up for a while, sit for several minutes and then check the oil.
What type of oil do you use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it fills it right away if i let it sit for 5 min & check it seems ok. but after a few hours the tank is empty & all the oil is is in the engine

i use motul oil

not sure if its problem or not its just weird i have 2 raptors & this one is my trouble maker for sure.

it started doing this when i changed the tank is there a check valve in the tank ???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
You got my curiosity, I should check the manual and see

·
Registered
1 Posts
:help: I just put my motor together and fired it up for the 1st time on monday after rebuilding it top to bottom. the jetting isnt even done yet because i havent had the time to work on it this week, but i putted around on it tuesday night for 5 minutes. i took it for a little longer ride last night, like 15 minutes just puttin through the gears down the road and in my yard ( im still breakin it in), and after i got back i smelled hot oil, i looked around a bit and oil was blowin outa the crankcase breather hose ( i have a aluminum airbox with an outerwears lid, for the moment the breather hose just comes up between the carb boots and ends till i get a filter. its not all together yet). i checked the oil in the resivore, which is a oversized aluminum tank and it wasnt on the stick at all, i put in like 3 and a half quarts on that monday, and it checked fine yesterday before i rode it. i added a little bit ( like 1/4 quart) and it still wasnt on the stick. whats happening ( to the best of my knowledge) is the oil is all draining from the resivore and filling the crankcase, to the point that the crankcase is overfull and oil is blowin out the breather.... now is there something i overlooked when i rebuilt this thing, or is there a checkvalve on the return line from the tank. the bottom end was all gone through. new tranny, all new bearings and seals, oil pump and pickup, clutch, water pump... everyhhing... i even replaced the check ball, spring, and seat that are on the clutch cover side... if you have any clue whats happening, even a random guess i would appreciate it if you could help. thanks alot :help:

jason
hi Jason I have exactly your problem I put 4 liters on the reservoir and the oil go through to the Carter and keep my reservoir Mt please let me know 🙏 if you resolve this problem thanks

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to get a response from Jason - this thread is from 2008 and the last time he was logged into the forum was 2012...

However, if you start your own thread and describe your quad's history and symptoms we'll try to help you get through it!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts