Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leak coming from the connection at that elbow tube on the bottom--infront of the drain plug. Solutions? Is this supposed to have an oring or some sort of gasket? It drops off the bottom of the elbow, so it must be originating at the connection to the tank -somewhere-

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Leak coming from the connection at that elbow tube on the bottom--infront of the drain plug. Solutions? Is this supposed to have an oring or some sort of gasket? It drops off the bottom of the elbow, so it must be originating at the connection to the tank -somewhere-
Check for cracks around the base of the bung on the tank..........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yup, took the tank off and it was previously cracked and JB welded. Well the JB weld failed. I re-did it and well see how that turns out.
A qualified shop could weld it, it is aluminum..............seen this lots at then local Yammie dealer...........

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
CFM extra capacity oil tank. It holds 1.5-1.75 quarts more oil than the stock one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah i got a CFM coming to me plus I get to help a michigan company so its all good.
Mine is in allen park now hopefully here friday.

It is supposed to be here friday but I wanted to be upnorth early friday but now I may linger around until the mail gets here around 11-12 and take it with me so I can put it on.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
CFM extra capacity oil tank. It holds 1.5-1.75 quarts more oil than the stock one.

Most sincere apologies for going off topic or jacking a thread, but when is the last time anyone saw a 660 this neat. Looks freakin awesome! Nice!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Most sincere apologies for going off topic or jacking a thread, but when is the last time anyone saw a 660 this neat. Looks freakin awesome! Nice!:thumbsup:
Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Im not sure I could even trail ride that thing, I would have to convert it and ride it on the street just so I didnt get it screwed up.

Nice bike man

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well I'm happy I got my oil tank in so instead of having to use the old repaired one I got to put the new CFM on and it looks sweet.

Added a mirror to it so I can sometimes see the wife trailing behind me I didnt want to do the old look over my shoulder every few minutes like i did on the chinablaster I was riding I figure the 660 will command a bit more attention/respect while riding it.
(and be much less merciful when I dont pay attention to it :))

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It still gets trail rode. Liquid Performance TopKoat is what makes it shine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts